6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Mvc : Nomination Thread
Sensible Jones
Sep 16 2009, 11:30 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 15 2009, 06:00 PM) *
Where is the poll?

Andrew's added athe list of current Nominees to the front of the Thread so if you want to add anyone else I presume we just mention them in a post and they'll be added to the list!
biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 16 2009, 11:45 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Spot on SJ.
And when Andrew and Kris decide that the call for nominations is over then a poll will be created.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 2 2009, 04:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
New Month, New MVC Vote?!?!

Sorry but I am still stoked because the last one was so close tongue.gif

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 17 2009, 02:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Aug 13 2009, 03:09 PM) *
Just cruised through the member list expecting to this nominee was already in the senior group and ... he's not!

So. I hereby nominate ZakkWylde to be added to the ranks of GMC senior for the following reasons:

- ZakkWylde will go out of his way to find you a left handed guitar in austria
- ZakkWylde will find you the address of that music store
- ZakkWylde will translate love songs into german for lonely southern californian gentlemen
- ZakkWylde is seven feet tall (yes, I've heard)
- ZakkWylde will help you wire your new pickups from far away
- ZakkWylde knows the exact frequencies of resonation for the wood that was used to build Vin Diesel's head
- ZakkWylde also knows the correct types of guitar pickups that would work best in Vin Diesel's head

Really, just that he's very well experienced and seems to go quite far out of his way to help others. Two qualities I personally hold in high regard.

hahah, those are good reasons!

by the way a friend is offering a DiMarzio Blaze 7 string bridge pickup, would this be any good for my RG1527? he's givint it for a very low price,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 2 2009, 03:46 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm not sure why this thread is so dead - I would like to nominate Staffy as an MVC.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 2 2009, 04:17 AM
Nominating Zakk again.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 20 2009, 08:00 PM
Moderation Policy Director
********** Cutoff for new MVC Vote ******************

(Note to self for next time!)

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 4 2010, 05:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 20 2009, 08:00 PM) *
********** Cutoff for new MVC Vote ******************

(Note to self for next time!)

So when is the next Vote?

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Feb 4 2010, 05:34 PM
Nominating Zakk again ...again smile.gif

--------------------

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 4 2010, 05:44 PM
Instructor
I will give my vote to Zakk this time smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 4 2010, 06:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Zakk is tha man!!! He got mine this time as well !!!

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 4 2010, 07:13 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Zakk should get the title without any vote pool this time, the outcome is to obvious to waste time on it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 4 2010, 11:04 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Well that wouldn't be very democratic! But I can't see him not winning next time smile.gif

We'll be running a new vote soon, I just need to confirm the timing with Kris.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 19 2010, 09:59 PM
OK Guys, my first responsibility as a new Senior is to happily announce the next MVC Vote!!!
Let's have any additional nominations in this thread please!
Check the list on the first post so as we don't get any duplicates.
I'll be making the Polling Thread very soon!!
Good Luck Chaps!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Feb 19 2010, 10:59 PM
Adding a note here instead of your nice clean other thread:

Some of the folks on this nomination list have been far far FAR less active since the list was originally compiled; myself included to a degree. I don't know if that matters, but it seemed worth mention.

btw: vote for zakk

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Feb 19 2010, 11:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
I would like to nominate maharzan for always hanging around and helping people with their questions and problems..

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 20 2010, 02:17 PM
Instructor
No one to add, all these members are well active in the community, and they all deserve to get the prize. We'll see who will win smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 20 2010, 02:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
I agree that some members aren't as active as when they were nominated but I also haven't seen any new strong contributors...

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 20 2010, 02:45 PM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Feb 19 2010, 09:59 PM) *
Adding a note here instead of your nice clean other thread:

Some of the folks on this nomination list have been far far FAR less active since the list was originally compiled; myself included to a degree. I don't know if that matters, but it seemed worth mention.

btw: vote for zakk

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Feb 20 2010, 01:36 PM) *
I agree that some members aren't as active as when they were nominated but I also haven't seen any new strong contributors...

This is a fair point!
OK, we'll start a fresh list from this Post onwards!

Zakk
maharzan
Jafomatic
Sollesnes
Visi0n

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Feb 20 2010, 05:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 20 2010, 02:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
Jafomatic,Sollesnes and Visi0n get my nomination for the next MVC

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:23 PM