GMC:er
Hahah Dude!!!! biggrin.gif

Just saw it yesterday, and what can I say.... Just when u thought that,
there was no way that any movie could top the shock effect Borat had

Highly recommend biggrin.gif

P.S. 81 days left in service... Mama I'm coming home smile.gif

Peace

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
bnosam
Jul 18 2009, 03:01 PM
I'm a fan of gay humour and this movie was a let down. I gave it a 5/10. Not worth it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jul 18 2009, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (bnosam @ Jul 18 2009, 04:01 PM) *
I'm a fan of gay humour and this movie was a let down. I gave it a 5/10. Not worth it.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree... I laughed so hard biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by kyldeee: Jul 18 2009, 03:11 PM

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 18 2009, 03:12 PM
i agree that it was shocking...especially the part whee he dances naked on his tv show...but Borat was much more funny and much more enterntaining...i also give Bruno a 5/10 but for how funny the jokes were, i give it a 9/10

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frederik
Jul 18 2009, 03:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
i find the idea a little thin/too easy, Borat was a good idea, but gay-jokes are imo old, overused and boring. havent seen the movie though

-frederik

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 18 2009, 03:31 PM
The movie should get a 10 only for the army scene.

Marine/Army dude: " What kind of belt is that?!"
Bruno: " Dolce & Gabanna, hallo"

Rolled of my chair.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Jul 18 2009, 07:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Within a few days I want to watch it but I suppose my girlfriend will choose another movie because she was the only one from the whole building who couldn't laugh with Borat. laugh.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 18 2009, 07:50 PM
I want to see this movie, I've been a fan of Sasha Baron Coen's ever since the english The Ali G Show. I'm sure this will be awesome no matter what, but I'm not going to see it at a cinema, it's not that kind of movie.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 18 2009, 07:52 PM
Instructor
I haven't seen the movie yet but will definitely check it out. Ali G show and Borat was awesome (Ali G more than Borat actually for me at least) so I look forward to Bruno smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 18 2009, 07:57 PM
GMC Founder
Are there any previews available or similar? Checking out youtube now

"embeding disabled":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAGpmNb2xfQ

^^ hehe seems very promising!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Jul 18 2009, 07:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Jul 19 2009, 09:19 AM
The movie was ok, but I def wouldn't pay to see it. There was like 5 funny parts, and the rest was fairly boring.

One thing I hated, was the subtitles were in German, so I couldn't even follow the movie properly.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 19 2009, 12:33 PM
QUOTE (Sircraigery @ Jul 19 2009, 10:19 AM) *
The movie was ok, but I def wouldn't pay to see it. There was like 5 funny parts, and the rest was fairly boring.

One thing I hated, was the subtitles were in German, so I couldn't even follow the movie properly.

Subtitles in German? Do you live there, or were they in German because it was supposed to be funny or something? or maybe you did something illegal? ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jul 19 2009, 01:17 PM
This film is terrible. So many bits are staged and just take advantage of easy targets. The bit where he interviews the politician was cringe worthy. How did he expect a 70 year old man to react when he starts getting naked in front of him? The majority of the film he just him being outrageously sexual to provoke a reaction in otherwise non-homophobic people which just isn't funny. Admittedly some parts the people are extremely homophobic but again these are easy targets who have been done before. The fortune teller was basically the worse part of any film. How anyone finds that amusing I don't know. I could go and be overly sexual and make someone feel uncomfortable. There's no real thought in a lot of the film.

Most of the bits with the middle east were ridiculous and basically offensive.

Obviously some bits were fairly amusing but the rest of the film past me by. 3/10 and not a touch on Borat.

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Jul 19 2009, 01:51 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Jul 19 2009, 02:17 PM) *
This film is terrible. So many bits are staged and just take advantage of easy targets. The bit where he interviews the politician was cringe worthy. How did he expect a 70 year old man to react when he starts getting naked in front of him? The majority of the film he just him being outrageously sexual to provoke a reaction in otherwise non-homophobic people which just isn't funny. Admittedly some parts the people are extremely homophobic but again these are easy targets who have been done before. The fortune teller was basically the worse part of any film. How anyone finds that amusing I don't know. I could go and be overly sexual and make someone feel uncomfortable. There's no real thought in a lot of the film.

Most of the bits with the middle east were ridiculous and basically offensive.

Obviously some bits were fairly amusing but the rest of the film past me by. 3/10 and not a touch on Borat.

Haven't seen the movie, but I think you're right about all you said.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jul 19 2009, 02:48 PM
Dude, I felt so heterosexual watching this movie. There were some funny parts, but the homo-erotic stuff... my god, I just had to put my hands in front of my eyes!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 19 2009, 02:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Bruno makes me want to watch High School Musical just so I can feel straight again haha laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jul 19 2009, 09:24 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Heterics all the way!:P

The German subtitles were there because Bruno used a mix of English and German at the same time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 23 2009, 05:45 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I never had the urge to watch this movie and after reading your comments guys I think I'll skip it smile.gif

For a cool comedy movie I recommend "Hangover" smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 23 2009, 09:52 PM
Jazz Instructor
yeah I heard it's good. Must watch it!

+Quote Post
Ivan Zecic
Jul 24 2009, 10:04 AM
QUOTE (Sircraigery @ Jul 19 2009, 10:19 AM) *
There was like 5 funny parts, and the rest was fairly boring.

And all were featured in the trailer!!! I was really disappointed.
I laughed a couple of times, but not enough; and especially not as much as I expected to...
Borat was great, Ali G show too, but this was awful compared to that. I remember that Bruno in Ali G show was 10 times funnier!

--------------------
Check out my lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:09 PM