> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Dropped C Riffing, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Siinthd
Jul 23 2018, 08:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Dropped C Riffing by Gabriel Leopardi

my first experience of recording guitar and video recording.
equipment:
Ltd H-1007
focusrite scarlett 2i4
record with Grind Machine II - Audio Assault

My first download in principle. I tried to repeat the tone as closely as possible to the original.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Siinthd: Jul 23 2018, 08:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 24 2018, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

You got really close with the tone. I leave some headroom for the fact that this lesson is quite old and audio included in original video is being highly compressed - we will never know how much of treble there actually was in that recording - compression took the high frequencies away. Still I guess it could be really close to how you sound in this take.

You're close with your double-tracking but just to be clear - it can be even more precise. Perfect double tracking sounds like one guitar playing but having sort of "juicy-er" low mids and wider stage placement. The target is to actually make the listener not capture that there were two guitar recorded smile.gif But...I'm just complaining because I'm sure you're at the level we can start to demand this for the sake of your future skills developement.

If any issue should be spotted as general thourgh all the take, it would be most likely the timing - you tend to rush. You do it equally for both guitar tracks so it coudl seem that it's all ok but keep in mind to capture it next time.

I have a feeling that in the left panned guitar there are little pitch issues on the melody part.

I wondering about your right hand. I do not spot this as and issue because it's a subjective thing. For me it's slightly to low (it's resting point on the bridge) I'm not sure how does it affect the range of wrist motion. Maybe it will come out as an issue at some other lesson you'll go though but...maybe it never will becasue you master thikgn the way you do now. I'm just putting a thing to carefully look at if any stuff will make you trouble playing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 26 2018, 09:13 AM
GMC Founder
Nice!

I would like to hear a bit more articulation/note separation - or to be more scientific: we need more "chugga chugga".

I can't tell whether it's your two guitar recordings that aren't tight enough, and/or if your right hand movement itself needs more practice.

The idea is to play the riffs super slow and make sure the palms are being hit hard and controlled, and that the unmuted notes are allowed to ring the way they should. All this while your hands are super relaxed.

This is a very musical take to my years - you get a 7 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2018, 04:04 PM
Instructor
Hi friend!

It's really cool to find this lesson here! smile.gif

There are many strong points in this take. You can play the whole thing clean, at tempo, without any dramatic issue. The things that can be improved are details but that are essential to take your playing to a new level.

At first, there is some room to make everything sound more precise and tighter. The notes, the riffs, the chords, are all there, but now it's time to put focus on the sound of each details, the tone of each palm muted downstroke, the faster parts, the articulation and the connection between riffs.

I think that the key word here is "Articulation". I feel that sometimes the notes don't sound as much time as they should, and this is because you are hurried and anxious to play the next note. As this is a fast rhythm lesson, I'm being exagerated by saying "anxious" or "hurried" but I hope that you can get what I mean.

My suggestion is to keep on practicing this one, and dedicate some time to compare these details between this take and the original.

It's a 7 for me, congrats!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 26 2018, 05:11 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:54 AM