I Hate You Tube, I'm giving up guitar
jstcrsn
Apr 17 2010, 02:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
If we didn't have you tube i might not know just how much i suck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdgACLA2vO0...feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLfOfyDJEkU&NR=1

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Apr 17 2010, 02:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Apr 17 2010, 02:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 17 2010, 03:16 PM) *
If we didn't have you tube i might not know just how much i suck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdgACLA2vO0...feature=related

At least we can some day live through our kids, who will be forced to be famous athletes, moviestars and amazing musicians biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 17 2010, 02:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Apr 17 2010, 02:20 PM) *
At least we can some day live through our kids, who will be forced to be famous athletes, moviestars and amazing musicians biggrin.gif

Amen brother

+Quote Post
RobK87
Apr 17 2010, 02:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
It seems like every virtuoso kid is always chubby...

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Apr 17 2010, 02:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (RobK87 @ Apr 17 2010, 10:31 AM) *
It seems like every virtuoso kid is always chubby...

+1 laugh.gif

Man that kid is good. I really hope he doesn't lose his passion for playing by overdoing it. He doesn't look to enthusiastic haha laugh.gif

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
zen
Apr 17 2010, 02:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 17 2010, 11:16 PM) *

Yep .. i get that feeling a lot too mellow.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 17 2010, 02:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Apr 17 2010, 02:35 PM) *
+1 laugh.gif

Man that kid is good. I really hope he doesn't lose his passion for playing by overdoing it. He doesn't look to enthusiastic haha laugh.gif

I would like to know ,where would you go from there?

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Apr 17 2010, 02:45 PM
GMC:er
He´s really good, and I watched some of his videos.
Have you seen the scary looking guy who never smiles and always looks like if he´s to whack him if he plays a single false note?! dry.gif
Looks like a KGB man to me but I´m sure it´s his dad - poor guy!
Not so lucky as our Adrian is he ?! wink.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 17 2010, 02:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
We need to start a new collab - about who can play it the slopiest? laugh.gif
then finally i would excell

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Apr 17 2010, 03:12 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 17 2010, 04:09 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
To be honest all these "kids" have good technique yes, But 90% of the time they are playing other peoples music, and there own music is often way under matured compared to there technique. Its a bad balance I think, And not to sound mean, but they don't even impress me a little. Technique is useless when you cant use it.

That being said, the blind 9 year old from Japan is awesome laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Apr 17 2010, 04:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Berglmir @ Apr 17 2010, 03:45 PM) *
He´s really good, and I watched some of his videos.
Have you seen the scary looking guy who never smiles and always looks like if he´s to whack him if he plays a single false note?! dry.gif
Looks like a KGB man to me but I´m sure it´s his dad - poor guy!
Not so lucky as our Adrian is he ?! wink.gif

Seen him before as well, amazing technique - but it doesn't tell me anything comparing to watch Joe Bonamassa at age 12 improvising. YouTube is full of those kids that play "faster than a lightning will kill a hummingbird", but very few have a musical personality worth listening to.
And yeah, poor guy, he smiles once while playing - probably dreaming of a new playstation instead.

//Staffay

This post has been edited by Staffy: Apr 17 2010, 04:14 PM

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 17 2010, 04:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
[quote name='The Uncreator' date='Apr 17 2010, 04:09 PM' post='475913']
To be honest all these "kids" have good technique yes, But 90% of the time they are playing other peoples music, and there own music is often way under matured compared to there technique. Its a bad balance I think, And not to sound mean, but they don't even impress me a little. Technique is useless when you cant use it.

i agree with there lack of passion in their music
i just wish i could get a little of that tech.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Apr 17 2010, 04:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 17 2010, 04:09 PM) *

That being said, the blind 9 year old from Japan is awesome laugh.gif

I know, but that kid Scarified, is too much!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 17 2010, 05:02 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Who is Tube? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 17 2010, 05:05 PM
Learning Roadie
hmmm...i don't know...YouTube drives me to do better. It's my motivation. I love getting feedback. Even constructive criticism. Even though we all would like a pat on the back...we all must stink at something. That's why I take to heart the things people tell me to improve on. I should listen. After all, I teach myself guitar and I need teachers.

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 17 2010, 08:03 PM
GMC:er
Come on guys!! It is not always a matter of playing fast and difficult things!!. You can play those things, but if you don't have something to say or a real message to transfer through your music, this is senseless.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 17 2010, 08:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I saw this kid before. He is good, hopefully it is his passion and not of his father smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Joruus
Apr 17 2010, 08:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 17 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Who is Tube? unsure.gif

Uh oh.. it does seem to say "i hate you, Tube" and i do know someone named tube...
He may get Very angry now..
And its not very nice to see mr. GuitarTube angry i think
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/kris-ug-lessons/

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 19 2010, 01:10 PM
Instructor
Well, it's normal that such a young person doesn't have developed personality yet, but I think his playing is awesome and he has much more of a chance to become great player if he is so well trained at such young age. I hope he will maintain this tempo, and perhaps we will have one awesome player in 15-20 years! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 19 2010, 01:39 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
I totally agree with you, Ivan.

I've seen this guy on youtube before, there is a definite improvement in his technique, and his vibrato and phrasing is much better.

Technique is not all of course, but this is the way you can develope your own style. I bet he will be a great guitar player with his own style in 10-15 years!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 19 2010, 02:10 PM) *
Well, it's normal that such a young person doesn't have developed personality yet, but I think his playing is awesome and he has much more of a chance to become great player if he is so well trained at such young age. I hope he will maintain this tempo, and perhaps we will have one awesome player in 15-20 years! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:36 AM