> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Sumit's Chords And Melodies
sumitnxt
May 8 2013, 09:04 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
hi cosmin,

there are some four or five things that i need to work on right now.

1. improve the quality of my bends.
2. follow a daily excercise routine to improve accuracy.
3. perform improvisations like the one you mentioned and eventually finish up cocaine jam.
4. i started doing the following songs - a ) europa , santana b ) black magic , santana c ) samba pa ti , santana d) sultans solo e) parisen walkaways gary moore e ) always with you , satrianyi but did not finish them
5. never started ear training and fretboard note recall.

if possible will try to give you the summary of what i am working on by the end of the day today.

rgds,

sumit

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2013, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Hey Sumit,

No problem man smile.gif For this, let set the following monthly schedule:

1) Bending - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/String-Bending/

2) Accuracy and picking - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

3) Invent 3 catchy licks using the Cocaine Jam and the indications I gave you

4) Which one of these songs is the one you think you can play the best? Tell me and I'll tell you what's next wink.gif

5) A first exercise on ear training will involve the following:

- play the C note in all its positions on the neck
- sing and play the C note in all its positions on the neck simultaneously
- play ONE C note in one position and then SING the rest without playing smile.gif
- tricky? With enough practice, it won't be tricky anymore!
- the next step: set a tempo and do it against the metronome at 60BPM for starters - how many full cycles can you complete without any mistake?
- record yourself on the camera doing 3 cycles in a row

Let me know if you can finish these tasks until May 31st smile.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
May 8 2013, 05:06 PM
great smile.gif
i pick" always with me always with you"

both gmc lessons are awesome .. i think i would request some more heavy shredding types lessons for accuracy something of petrucci or malmsteen style but only after you give me a green flag on bens alternate picking.

i think its also about time i ask for help regarding the quality of sound in my recordings. whenever i connect my guitar to amplifier and then the amplifier out on microphone plugin of laptop i get too much noise along with the guitar. also i see in your videos that your voice is quite clear even without having a mic near your mouth .. i am also a singer so i need to know how to record voice along with the guitar and if possible on seperate tracks
my resources are as follows
i have a logitech webcam which is pretty decent. my recording is a soundcard. my amp is a 15 watt marshall whose distortion sucks but i have a cool berhinger stompbox which produces some decent distortion and sounds. i have windows and have no shortage of software daws and line 6 pod farm software for software effects. i have a mic but the mic is just a low grade one so that if its not very close to my mouth it does not pick up audio well... so now you know what i have smile.gif oh forgot .. the guitar is an electric guitar by hertz its a humbucker it sounds quite powerful otherwise .. but the recording kills the power.

rgds,

sumit

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
May 9 2013, 06:30 AM
hi cosim,

i had an idea today.
i had wanted to play some music over indian songs and figured out how i could combine it with alternate picking practice.

i am attaching a small clip of the idea. basically its a small portion of indian song over which i have recorded my vocals as a substitute for the guitar shredding part. ( song is a bit faster but i reduced the tempo because i couldn't sing that fast )

i have two limitations that i see right now..
1. at present i am unable to figure out the chords of the song myself.
2. i am also having trouble with reproducing the shred idea that i am singing on the guitar. don't seem to be getting the notes right.

i would like to add this routine to my this months practice also ..
and for the time being to help me get started can you help me identify the tabs of the small portion i am singing.

rgds,

sumit

Attached File(s)
Attached File  shred_idea1.mp3 ( 1.89MB ) Number of downloads: 98

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 9 2013, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Hey Sumit,

I think that taking it easy and having achievable results is the way to go here smile.gif Don't throw yourself towards goals that might be so longterm that you would forget when you started them - see Yngwie, Petrucci and the likes, sort of stuff.

'Always with me, Always with you' can be a good choice, although it has difficult passages as well - have a go at it and send it my way.

In order to record vocals and guitars in the same time - you would need an audio interface that allows two inputs at least. Once you'd get this device, your troubles would be quite over smile.gif If you are up for buying this thing, you'd be able to ditch the amp and use digital devices in the daw. Tell me if you are in for this and we'll sort a good option for you, in respect to your budget.

Regarding that piece, stay tuned for a video smile.gif I'll show you how to play it slowly and then you work your way up through practice.

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
May 9 2013, 02:10 PM
1. petrucci and malmsteen ... i know they are way long term but i love that kind of guitaring a lot smile.gif... lets pickup a series of lessons of this genre to gradually master their guitaring style , by which i mean the one in which a lot of notes are played in a very shot time.

2. i know about the difficult phrases and i like them more than the slower phrases smile.gif i am going to start with picking up one of the difficult licks of the song and send you my take ASAP

3. Please tell me about this audio interface i would try to buy it whenever possible .. although at present since i am not well at the recording stage and need huge amount of practice to be called an intermediate guitarist ... the only recording i will be doing for some time will be for you . perhaps we can take up perfecting the tone a little later and focus more on speed and accuracy and technique(s)

4. Waiting eagerly for the video smile.gif thanks for being the best smile.gif

rgds,

sumit

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 9 2013, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Here's the little vid and hopefully I figured things out right laugh.gif

As I said - let's take things step by step - I'd rather have you curse me now for making you take the long and certain way, rather than curse me later for making you think that you can fly over night wink.gif

Regarding the interface - this is a great option: http://www.thomann.de/gb/maudio_fast_track.htm

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
May 9 2013, 06:09 PM
cosmin you are a rockstar man smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 10 2013, 07:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ May 9 2013, 05:09 PM) *
cosmin you are a rockstar man smile.gif

You are far too kind smile.gif Thank you for the nice thoughts, Sumit!

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jun 4 2013, 05:21 PM
hi cosmin...
i started out always with me always with you, last month, and even did some difficult licks of the song, but did not complete it. before finishing it i have realized that i must work on basics first.
right now i am working on alternate picking basics lesson... and try to perfect it before recording.
also i have picked Gabriel song on RHCP guitarist with difficulty level 2 and trying to perfect it as well.
i learned a number of simple licks lately from different sources last month and this has given me more confidence as a guitarist.
i think perhaps by tomorrow i shall be able to post the REC of the two lessons i mentioned.
Its now that i have started feeling more satisfied with my guitar approach, i have been stuck for a long time in deciding the approach. now i am happy to be starting with basic level GMC lessons and proceeding gradually.

rgds,

sumit

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2013, 08:22 AM
Instructor
Hey there man! I am glad that you realized you can't climb a mountain if you do not train before:) I will be on the lookout for your REC takes and give you the necessary suggestions to aid you on your quest!

Keep rocking, Sumit!

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jun 6 2013, 10:02 AM
hi cosmin,

checkout my take at -

sumitnxt Rec

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Jun 6 2013, 10:03 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 6 2013, 10:51 AM
Instructor
Hey mate wink.gif I'm on it!

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jun 6 2013, 12:12 PM
hi
Cosmin

i wanted to talk about the wrong note. I think my guitar does not sound right at the 20th fret of high e string. and also maybe couple of other notes near about that region.

the tabs from the original lesson are --19-20-19-17- and i am actually playing the 20th fret in the take

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Jun 6 2013, 12:24 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 6 2013, 12:32 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Well, maybe your guitar has a problem there? Do you have any luthiers that could take a look at it, in your city?

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jun 6 2013, 12:51 PM
yes man i hope they can do something about it and its not irreparable.

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jun 6 2013, 05:52 PM
hi cosmin,

below are two alternate picking exercises ( shows the notes involved in the excercises )

since practising with metronome is boring, can you help me create a backing track ( which chord / chords will go along well with the two excercies )

excercise 1

excercise 2

By the way cosmin, i have seen that at speeds above 120 bpm i can play but i am not clean. right now i am even stuck at the ben higgins basic alternate picking i can play upto 110 bpm but at 120 bpm the 1/16th are not clean. this is one area besides all other i want to focus more... i really dig shredding songs and if i can't play clean i can't attempt them. can you device a strategy for me to go clean at 180 bpm . i am ready to spend 8 hours on this every day.

Edit :

Attaching the attempt at 107 bpm 1/16th picking of bens lesson . Any suggestions ?

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Jun 7 2013, 09:49 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2013, 12:19 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I will make a little movie for you with some chord progression examples and stuff about your picking technique - I think I know where the issue is! Stay tuned, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jun 7 2013, 12:21 PM
cool smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2013, 10:22 PM
Instructor
Here ya go mate:

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:43 AM