Guitar Idol Competition, what gives?
FrankW
May 26 2008, 02:24 AM
GMC:er
So, I went to the guitar idol competition website to vote for Muris...I assumed he would be the best overall player there; and this is without checking anybody else out, which, of course, isn't fair...so, I start checking out the guys with the most votes as a place to start. Some of these guys are really good, like Gustavo whatever-his-last-name-is, and a few others, like Chris Feener. And, yeah, these guys, and I'm sure others that I didn't check out are killer! BUT! I did not see anybody, especially those with the huge amount of votes, that are as good as Muris, from strictly a standpoint of ability. Sure, there were some that raised my eyebrows a bit, and, like I said, I didn't check everybody out...but, I didn't see where some of these guys were amassing many more votes than Muris, from strictly the standpoint of ability. There is, obviously, many reasons why a vote would be cast for one person or another...but, this is a guitar idol contest, which, to me, means, who can PLAY the best. Gustavo can hang with Muris ability-wise, but he is NOT better in my opinion. But he had many more votes than Muris. Am I partial to Muris because I love this website, etc.? No...I am partial to Muris because he is the best guitar player I have seen in a long time. I'm sure he will tell you himself that guys like Guthrie Govan, and Holdsworth, and Eric Johnson are real challenges to him style-wise, but these guys are established pros with alot more opportunity to get out and take advantage of their support system. Muris will be able to get on top of these styles if he feels like it. Remember, Muris is from Sarajevo, not exactly a guitar players paradise. Anyway, go to the guitar idol website, and give Muris some support. Not because of GMC, but because he is better than all of those players! Check it out for yourself, keeping in mind we're looking at ability...not the tune, or the sound, or how pretty someone is, etc.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FrankW: May 26 2008, 02:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 26 2008, 02:44 AM
i totally agree smile.gif i have voted for muris and david and a few others, but hardly anyone compared to muris skill wise smile.gif we need to see more support for him!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
ItsMe
May 26 2008, 03:00 AM
Muris is for sure one of the top 3 players if not even the best one in this competition. Vote. Even tough votes only asure one finalist place. The judges decide but more votes look better.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 26 2008, 09:16 AM
Lets go fishing!
I think familiarity maybe one of the factors some guys have alot of votes. Several of them have big youtube followings and this will help to bump up there votes. Its not an entirley fair system of course, but what is !! ohmy.gif

For those who have never heard of muris or david before, they might not think to check there entrys out. Thats where we come in trying to get as many votes as possible for them! smile.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: May 26 2008, 09:17 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Siggum
May 26 2008, 11:29 AM
If you wanted to listen to some nice guitarist on that forum you should avoid the top 12.. in my opinion the really good guitarist doesnt have an insane ammount of votes simply because they did not marked them selves on youtube, or whatever, and most people tend to just sign up to vote for the favorite and then log off.

There are some really awsome players in there, but i can tell you a few joke entries within the top 12, that clearly didnt get their 1000+ votes because of their awsomeness biggrin.gif Anyway its been fun to follow the progress of votes and that guitar idol forum.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 26 2008, 03:32 PM
It ultimately is about marketing, isn't it?

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 26 2008, 03:37 PM
Just create 1000's of accounts and vote for yourself xD

+Quote Post
Canis
May 26 2008, 03:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (FrankW @ May 26 2008, 04:32 PM) *
It ultimately is about marketing, isn't it?

I agree.. If someone has made themself popular on youtube, it's just for them to add "Vote for me on [insert URL here]" as Mattrach has done. I respect the guy for beeing 1000x better then me, but Muris is 1000x better then him again, IMO =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
May 26 2008, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mark. @ May 26 2008, 04:37 PM) *
Just create 1000's of accounts and vote for yourself xD

You Can really do that? biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 26 2008, 03:46 PM
QUOTE (Joe Kataldo @ May 26 2008, 04:40 PM) *
You Can really do that? biggrin.gif

I supose you can if you make looots of email adresses ^^. Maby you can do 200 votes a day laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 26 2008, 06:23 PM
Instructor
Thanks a lot Frank and guys! smile.gif

Indeed,there was some strange thing going on with votes and everything,
probably lots of fake account etc.
But actually it doesn't matter that much,voting is over and judges
will announce top 12 in next few days,ranked by themself
and not only by the votes,luckily.

And yes,there are MANY awesome players out there
outside of front page,be sure to check them out!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 26 2008, 06:40 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I wish you all the luck Muris and I'm sure judges will recognize your talent! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nick325
May 26 2008, 06:59 PM
if muris and david dont get chosen for the top 12 i will quit guitar wink.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 26 2008, 08:20 PM
Instructor
There's a ton of great playere there. No doubt about that.
But even if i didnt allready know Muris and David from here, i would still probably have liked those the best because they both have a certain originality and uniqueness in their videos.

If the judges dont recognize that, then something is seriously wrong.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: May 26 2008, 08:21 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 26 2008, 09:06 PM
Instructor
Good luck guys, I'm waiting for results! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 26 2008, 10:16 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
One thing I would say - and I'm sure I say it on behalf of us all - Muris and David, what ever the outcome , you both did a fantastic job guys.

Kudos to you both.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Bondy
May 26 2008, 10:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Check out sorrow hes on the fourth page he works in my local guitar shop nice lad i thought it was pretty cool

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 26 2008, 10:50 PM
I'm glad the judges get the final say since there is questionable voting practices going on. I swear, every time I turn around, somebody's figured out a way to cheat at something...Now, Muris has a shot, especially when they go live, wherever that's going to happen. Has anyone seen the movie Crossroads? Well, instead of Steve Vais' character, Jack Butler doing the 'head cutting', it's going to be Muris. I wish I could be there to see that! Now I'm cranked! Go get 'em, Muris!

+Quote Post
sigma7
May 26 2008, 10:53 PM
i dont think matrach should be in 1st. Hes good but not the best there

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 26 2008, 11:02 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Muris and David, I voted for both of you and i would be really happy to see that you won this competition smile.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:04 PM