Passing Notes!
Kristofer Dahl
May 12 2011, 08:51 AM
GMC Founder
Check out Daniel's new lesson: "Latin Influenced Solo", and then post a reply to today's topic.

Daniel talks about using passing notes to embellish the melody. Do you ever do this in your own playing? What are your favorite intervals?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 12 2011, 08:55 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 12 2011, 09:51 AM) *
Check out Daniel's new lesson: "Latin Influenced Solo", and then post a reply to today's topic.

Daniel talks about using passing notes to embellish the melody. Do you ever do this in your own playing? What are your favorite intervals?

From a bass playing perspective, passing notes are very important! Especially in walking bass lines where they help creating the tension-release feeling. One good exercise is to take a short guitar melody and then try to make as many different variations of it using passing notes and different embellishments. That can really help with understanding phrasing and improvisation.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 13 2011, 03:22 AM
GMC:er
This is a seriously cool lesson. I'm routinely blow away by Daniel. The range of his playing is flat out impressive. Racerx/Carcass/Samba the man has no limits which is what makes him such a killer player. I"m glad Daniel is part of our team/community smile.gif

I agree with Bogdan that Passing Tones are very important for phrasing and soloing in general. Nestling the correct tone between the right notes can really make a passage shine.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:44 PM