Introduce Myself
Buran70
Mar 4 2017, 07:34 PM
GMC:er
Hello guys,

my name is Stefano, I'm Italian from Napoli (south Italy) and I'm 46.
I found this fantastic site by chance.
I started to play guitar 30 years ago and until now I have never stopped.
I'm currently the lead guitarist of a band called "Le direzioni opposte" (The Opposite Directions") having a discrete success in the city where I live.
My band is a rock band specialized in the rock of eighties and, of course, my influences are from this mythical era. In particular I like Joe Satriani and I studied him a lot. biggrin.gif
My basic gear is:
Ibanez RG2660 prestige modified with original pickup di marzio mo joe at the bridge and PAF Joe at the neck
Peavey classic 50 212 as amplifier
Pedalboard digitech RP1000 for live and home recording
PEAVEY REVALVER 4 for home recording

Hope to have a lot of fun with you!!!

Ciao
Stefano

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
fzalfa
Mar 4 2017, 07:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome Buran70 !!!!!

Cheers

Laurent, from france

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2017, 07:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Buran! Welcome to GMC!

Where can we listen to your band? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 4 2017, 08:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to the family Stefano smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Mar 5 2017, 12:10 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Buran

Welcome.

Manu : France

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 5 2017, 12:28 PM
Welcome Stefano smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Buran70
Mar 5 2017, 01:09 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 4 2017, 06:40 PM) *
Hi Buran! Welcome to GMC!

Where can we listen to your band? smile.gif

you can listen (and see ) something here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iuVihgtgtM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKViObCa-0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trbWumNUFuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbxldu0i-pI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvj_Q_mdk64

older
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQsd4LTxRhg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93HtqvukVvc

no professional video but just some videos from our friends mobiles during the lives
Hope you like!
Stefano

This post has been edited by Buran70: Mar 23 2017, 11:34 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2017, 07:13 PM
Instructor
Those are many great classic songs mate! I think that your audience had a great time, as well as you! Congrats!

So, what's next? Have you been exploring the site? Let me know if you need any help or assistance choosing the right lessons and designing your guitar plan.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2017, 10:35 PM
Welcome to GMC stefano!!! This is a wonderful place for guitarists. Jump in to lessons and the collabs, and the forums!!

Todd

QUOTE (Buran70 @ Mar 4 2017, 02:34 PM) *
Hello guys,

my name is Stefano, I'm Italian from Napoli (south Italy) and I'm 46.
I found this fantastic site by chance.
I started to play guitar 30 years ago and until now I have never stopped.
I'm currently the lead guitarist of a band called "Le direzioni opposte" (The Opposite Directions") having a discrete success in the city where I live.
My band is a rock band specialized in the rock of eighties and, of course, my influences are from this mythical era. In particular I like Joe Satriani and I studied him a lot. biggrin.gif
My basic gear is:
Ibanez RG2660 prestige modified with original pickup di marzio mo joe at the bridge and PAF Joe at the neck
Peavey classic 50 212 as amplifier
Pedalboard digitech RP1000 for live and home recording
PEAVEY REVALVER 4 for home recording

Hope to have a lot of fun with you!!!

Ciao
Stefano

+Quote Post
Buran70
Mar 6 2017, 12:08 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 5 2017, 06:13 PM) *
Those are many great classic songs mate! I think that your audience had a great time, as well as you! Congrats!

So, what's next? Have you been exploring the site? Let me know if you need any help or assistance choosing the right lessons and designing your guitar plan.

Thanks for the congrats! I have really appreciated also considering your expertise (I had a look to your set of lessons... it is really impressive).
Anyway, for the moment, I bookmarked several lessons in the style of Satriani (included also one of your) and Vai and someone else with the lydian and phrygian modes as focus. I'm also interested to have some improvements as concerns the sweep picking + alternate combination licks: on this topic, I would like to have some help to select the appropriate lessons.
Thanks in advance
Stefano

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2017, 02:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Buran70 @ Mar 5 2017, 08:08 PM) *
Thanks for the congrats! I have really appreciated also considering your expertise (I had a look to your set of lessons... it is really impressive).
Anyway, for the moment, I bookmarked several lessons in the style of Satriani (included also one of your) and Vai and someone else with the lydian and phrygian modes as focus. I'm also interested to have some improvements as concerns the sweep picking + alternate combination licks: on this topic, I would like to have some help to select the appropriate lessons.
Thanks in advance
Stefano

Hi Stefeno, in order to chose the right lessons it would be important to see you playing these techniques. Do you have any video playing them?

If not, you could learn and record on of these lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-lesson/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/altern...-picking-etude/

(at your comfortable tempo)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 10 2017, 06:01 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Welcome Buran70! See you around! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 11 2017, 06:45 AM
Really good live work!!! I would say you might as well let your look reflect some of what you are playing though maybe? If you are playing sweet child of mine, it's ok to wear jeans and some leather, a roughed up guns n roses of CBGB shirt. Ya now, stuff that is from the era of the tunes so that the visual reinforces the music. Just a thought smile.gif

QUOTE (Buran70 @ Mar 5 2017, 07:08 PM) *
Thanks in advance
Stefano

+Quote Post
Buran70
Mar 19 2017, 03:09 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 11 2017, 06:45 AM) *
Really good live work!!! I would say you might as well let your look reflect some of what you are playing though maybe? If you are playing sweet child of mine, it's ok to wear jeans and some leather, a roughed up guns n roses of CBGB shirt. Ya now, stuff that is from the era of the tunes so that the visual reinforces the music. Just a thought smile.gif

Yes, you' re right! My wife tells me the same thing very often... the look is important almost like the music I play... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Buran70
Mar 19 2017, 05:59 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 8 2017, 02:27 PM) *
Hi Stefeno, in order to chose the right lessons it would be important to see you playing these techniques. Do you have any video playing them?

If not, you could learn and record on of these lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-lesson/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/altern...-picking-etude/

(at your comfortable tempo)

Sorry to answer late. I've just uploaded a video made few months ago with a short sweep exercise as you requested

I found this exercise on youtube too. This is the best I can do with this technique.

Thanks in advance
Stefano

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2017, 05:34 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, that's good! You have a good background for this technique. I think that with some more practice and some little adjustments, your sweep picking playing will be killer.

When doing the sweep movement, it's important to make it as a continuous down motion (a sweep), and then when you play a descending lick, do the opposite. In this video I notice that you tend to "separate" each note when playing downwards instead of keeping the "sweep" motion. If you fix this small detail, your sweeping will became much smoother.

Also, if you check this video, you'll notice how Malmsteen does a circular motion when doing the sweep. This really helps to make the sweeps easier and again, smoother:

Besides this, there is still some work to do to make everything sound clean, clear, and tighter. But this will happen with more practice and fixing those technique details.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Buran70
Mar 20 2017, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 20 2017, 05:34 AM) *
Hi mate, that's good! You have a good background for this technique. I think that with some more practice and some little adjustments, your sweep picking playing will be killer.

When doing the sweep movement, it's important to make it as a continuous down motion (a sweep), and then when you play a descending lick, do the opposite. In this video I notice that you tend to "separate" each note when playing downwards instead of keeping the "sweep" motion. If you fix this small detail, your sweeping will became much smoother.

Also, if you check this video, you'll notice how Malmsteen does a circular motion when doing the sweep. This really helps to make the sweeps easier and again, smoother:

Besides this, there is still some work to do to make everything sound clean, clear, and tighter. But this will happen with more practice and fixing those technique details.

THX for your suggestions, m8! I already supposed my sweeping no so fluid and clear as necessary. I understood that I have already the basic bricks and I can go forward. If you concur, I could start with the exercises you already proposed to have more practice. Then I will find something more in the GMC database. I don't prefer very long sweeping run but just some short sequence (also with tapping ) embedded within a solo.

Stefano

This post has been edited by Buran70: Mar 20 2017, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2017, 04:43 PM
Instructor
Great! You are not a beginner at this lesson, but it's not a bad idea to check out this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Sweep-Picking/ which includes a spoken video (slow part 1) explaining all the details behind this technique.

Then you could get into this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Masters-of-Sweeping/

and finally go for the most advanced stuff like this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...g-with-tapping/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Buran70
Mar 20 2017, 05:08 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 20 2017, 04:43 PM) *
Great! You are not a beginner at this lesson, but it's not a bad idea to check out this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Sweep-Picking/ which includes a spoken video (slow part 1) explaining all the details behind this technique.

Then you could get into this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Masters-of-Sweeping/

and finally go for the most advanced stuff like this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...g-with-tapping/

OK, I will start to work on it as soon as possible .
Thx for the precious help!
Stefano

This post has been edited by Buran70: Mar 20 2017, 10:52 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2017, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Buran70 @ Mar 20 2017, 01:08 PM) *
OK, I will start to work on it as soon as possible .
Thx for the precious help!
Stefano

You are welcome!

Send me a message if you'd like to have a thread at my personal board to share your progress. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:02 PM