Fire Of Dissent, Using Rammfire, heavier than previous tracks
OzRob
Sep 14 2010, 02:22 AM
GMC:er
So I just got this track accepted to the trailer music library I've been writing for. Had a lot of fun making this one. Nice and chuggy. smile.gif

Pics are from "Black Hawk Down" and not significant in any way. I felt they relate to the vibe of the track and was thinking about this movie a lot while I wrote.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 14 2010, 09:39 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice and atmospheric smile.gif

I like the sound and effects too, well done!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
zen
Sep 14 2010, 11:55 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Really good mate smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 14 2010, 12:17 PM
Jazz Instructor
This is awesome. When I listen to this, it associates me with escape from prison really...

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 14 2010, 05:17 PM
Instructor
nice track! very polish and pro sounding,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Sep 14 2010, 09:41 PM
Beginner Instructor
This stuff is so cool! I can totally imagine this in the background of an action movie trailer.

I'd love to see a video explaining how you make these, as well. I think it would be very interesting, because I'd have no clue on how to make something like that.

+Quote Post
OzRob
Sep 15 2010, 12:22 AM
Thanks guys smile.gif

@ Bear - I don't have a video camera, that's money I could spend on virtual instruments!!!

Actually, it's not that hard from the production side. IMO, the trick is to be able to hear in your head what you want to achieve and then you just keep working externally until what's playing on the monitors is the same as what's inside your head. Many times, I have the whole track written internally before I even pick up my guitar or open the DAW.

This post has been edited by OzRob: Sep 15 2010, 12:23 AM

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 15 2010, 06:43 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I like this track very much! Very professional sounding and guitar riffs are awesome! smile.gif

How is it going with the music library, did you sell some tracks already ?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OzRob
Sep 16 2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks Bogdan.

I've had a few sales through another library, but nothing exciting yet. You can be sure I'll yell it from the rooftops when I get a major placement. Thing with production music is it's a "time + quantity of tracks" game. It takes time to build up a sufficiently sized quality catalogue and much time to get placed. Having only started recently there're years to go before I can count on regular decent income. At least that's what the career composers tell me!! However, I am hoping for exciting things with this trailer library because they have some awesome credits and they don't have a gazillion composers on their books.

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 16 2010, 11:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (OzRob @ Sep 16 2010, 03:17 PM) *
Thanks Bogdan.

I've had a few sales through another library, but nothing exciting yet. You can be sure I'll yell it from the rooftops when I get a major placement. Thing with production music is it's a "time + quantity of tracks" game. It takes time to build up a sufficiently sized quality catalogue and much time to get placed. Having only started recently there're years to go before I can count on regular decent income. At least that's what the career composers tell me!! However, I am hoping for exciting things with this trailer library because they have some awesome credits and they don't have a gazillion composers on their books.

Yes I think so too! Its best to build a great portfolio of high quality music (like ones you been making) and wait for it to start selling. I guess sales bring better placement and more sales so it grows exponentially. You are definitely on the right track with compositions like these.

Good luck mate! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:30 PM