2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Easy Listening Aeolian Mood Uploads
David Wallimann
Oct 27 2009, 05:30 PM
Instructor
I should have the comments tonight! :-)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Oct 27 2009, 09:41 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Oct 27 2009, 12:30 PM) *

Awesome! Thanks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 28 2009, 12:14 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Oct 27 2009, 04:30 PM) *

Liar Liar pants on fire ohmy.gif just joking tongue.gif Take your time smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 28 2009, 12:19 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Oct 28 2009, 12:14 AM) *
Liar Liar pants on fire ohmy.gif just joking tongue.gif Take your time smile.gif

Hey, leave the man alone! He's busy commenting my lousy timing and bad sound, it will take forever!!! laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 28 2009, 01:39 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Staffy @ Oct 27 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Hey, leave the man alone! He's busy commenting my lousy timing and bad sound, it will take forever!!! laugh.gif

//Staffay

He's busier commenting on my randomly put licks laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 28 2009, 07:55 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Oct 28 2009, 01:39 AM) *
He's busier commenting on my randomly put licks laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif They can't be worser than mine, some of them took place even before (and after) the background actually has started! Let's hope that he doesn't tries to transcribe it, then we could wait forever though it's practically impossible to transcribe my playing, mathematically-wise. laugh.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 28 2009, 05:13 PM
Instructor
Sorry for the delay..
I'm recording as I type..
I'm late because a lot of participants uploaded their takes last minute if not after the deadline... :-/
Shame on them! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 28 2009, 06:19 PM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Oct 28 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Sorry for the delay..
I'm recording as I type..
I'm late because a lot of participants uploaded their takes last minute if not after the deadline... :-/
Shame on them! :-)

unsure.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 29 2009, 02:52 AM
Instructor
Comments are in the finished collab thread!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 29 2009, 03:04 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hey Dave, thank you very much once again for your collab structure and time/effort that you have put into it. I really enjoyed the way you explained things and it made a lot of sense. I will certainly use your ideas of singing the lines I want to create and see where I can go with it. Once again, thanks man! smile.gif

Steve

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 29 2009, 07:01 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thx. David for all efforts You put in this as well!!! You're right on spot (as usual smile.gif )
Im totally agreeing to what You said bout timing in higher tempos. I works a lot on AP-picking with metronome
nowadays (I never was before, since I always been to lazy... tongue.gif ) The problems I have is a tecnhical issue, since I can clearly hear when I'm out of sync, at the moment I'm playing it too... and that of course is making me wanna whip myself with a steel ruler. (my grandfathers piano-teacher did that when he was playing wrong)

But the really interesting thing here is that I have been listening back to old recordings, (I started to play again for about 8 months ago, I had a break for 10 years...) and when I'm playing on those there is no timing issue. (ok some small here & there, but not severe)

That leads me to another conclusion here, I think the timing itself is dependable on who You play with. Eg. if You tends to hang on the beat, which I do since I've been playing a lot of jazz, You will most likely sound the best together with a drummer and a bass-player that forces rather than plays relaxed. Anyway, I find it much more difficult to play with the computer and even a metronome than playing with "real" musicians. I have been trying to play some jazz tunes along with the computer for months now and it all sounds terrible, It's even worse when it comes to music with a triple-feel....

That was just some thoughts of mine, I'm learning a lot of good stuff here, and beeing in the collabs is just about one
of the coolest things with this site. Not to mention that You (and all other teachers) are doing such a splendid job. I just love it!!!

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Oct 29 2009, 07:38 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 28 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Hey Dave, thank you very much once again for your collab structure and time/effort that you have put into it. I really enjoyed the way you explained things and it made a lot of sense.

Couldn't agree with skennington more. Your comments on collabs are remarkably insightful and clear. Thanks again for all your effort. I learn a ton from these (both my comments and everyone elses).

Your advice on dynamics is very interesting. I definitely consider dynamics "controlling loudness", meaning "when to get louder". It makes sense to consider it both (or even more) ways. You can not only really dig in to create an intense loud note, but you can also soften up to create an alternative emotional effect. This is definitely something I'll be conscious of when playing from here on out. This is something I feel like I've been gravitating toward naturally recently. I think it comes from recently listening to a lot of Andy Timmons, particularly the song "Ghost of You". He has such an impact with relatively straight forward phrases. I realized it was a combination of his tone and how he controlled it. He allows for certain notes to be clean, controls the pick sound, rakes here and there, slams a note so it distorts and sustains... It's crazy. I want it. But I couldn't really figure out how his brain was working... what his approach was to get that feel naturally. Improvising over a blues track while considering what you said, I found that I'm MUCH closer.

Thanks again, man. Can't wait for the next one!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 29 2009, 03:05 PM
Instructor
Thanks so much for the encouraging words my friends.
It means a ton to me!!! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 29 2009, 05:09 PM
David, thanks so much for all the positive encouragement in there and for all the advice!
I need to really get it together with a metronome! I had the same slight timing issue on a couple of Ivans Collabs too!
The sound issue is in hand! It's just hard to get a balance between using my live Rig presets into my Mic Line and recording in Audacity but it will be getting resolved with a new PC and a decent DAW!!
That Major 6 in that part of the lick was definitely a mistake!! biggrin.gif
Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into this!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
sted
Oct 30 2009, 12:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great comment David, thanks for your attention to my take, I really should say more with less in life as well as playing!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 19 2009, 06:10 PM
Instructor
Very nice backing track, love it,

very nice to jam along with,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:33 AM