Turbulence
VilleFIN
Oct 7 2011, 08:50 PM
Tone Seeker
I came back from Spain today and had my worst 10 minutes in my life. On a plane. Turbulence. 

I'm little bit nervous when I'm on a plane and this what happened today doesn't help my fears.
There's always some turbulence but this wasn't small and It was horrible. 

After meal as the stuerts started serving coffee and tea it began. Shaking, up, down...
A lady behind me got her drinks flying in the wall. 
Actually I remember I was asking god in my mind that is this it ? Am I gonna die ?
Luckily it stopped when the pilot changed the course and went lower. My wife said that I look pale and I was sweating. 

I remember when the wheels hit the ground and thouhgt myself ok now I'm really safe.

But this fellow doesn't fly for while. 

Anybody else had similar turbulence or other fears in the plane ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 7 2011, 09:53 PM
Instructor
It's a nasty phenomenon really. Although assure us that this is quite normal, I always feel uncomfortable at that moments. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Oct 7 2011, 10:32 PM
GMC:er
Oh, man. I totally understand. I have a similar thing. I don't think I'll ever sleep on a plane laugh.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 8 2011, 12:07 AM
Learning Roadie
I do get motion sickness at times.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 8 2011, 12:15 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah this can be uncomfortable. I studied air traffic academy and having knowledge about the aircraft systems really helps me relax during a flight. It's just that airplane is still a most secure way of transportation. On opposite - I do really feel uncomfortable traveling by car or bus... unsure.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 8 2011, 05:01 PM
Instructor
I get really nervous when turbulence happens too! Last time from Spain to Colombia, it was horrible, I was pale too

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2011, 05:03 PM
Instructor
I travelled by plane a few times and I didn't have bad experiences...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 8 2011, 07:11 PM
Instructor
I didn't traveled so much on a place, just 2-3 times, and it was all good. I like flying (for now hheehhe biggrin.gif )

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Oct 8 2011, 07:14 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Turbulence happened on my first plane flight, but I didn't find it that scary smile.gif It was a bit shaky, but nothing special. I guess I was over-excited to travel by plane biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 9 2011, 04:18 AM
Learning Roadie
I have traveled by plane a few times in my life. It's pretty fun. I just don't know if I want to go through all the crazy security. I guess it's only that crazy here in the USA? If so.... mad.gif

I remember when the plane turned (I was 7 years old) and the cart with ice went all over me. biggrin.gif Not a big deal. Just felt sorry for the waitress because she was sorry it had happened. I don't remember being that bothered by the slight turbulence that occurred.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:29 AM