24 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 >  
Gas. What Next?
AK Rich
Apr 5 2016, 05:48 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Apr 4 2016, 04:02 PM) *
A friend of mine had the same thing happen to him a couple of days ago. He brought a new Mesa Mark V home and it was great, for a day. Then the reverb suddenly stopped working. He called Mesa and they asked him to try putting in a new reverb tube as a troubleshooting step, since he had one on hand. That indeed fixed it, and they've now sent him a replacement tube.

That sucks. I wonder if these amps are getting banged around during shipment. Haven't heard from the store this morning but it's still early. Hopefully that is all that is wrong with mine and they can swap a tube with the Rockerverb they have at the store or something. If it is a tube problem though , I also have to wonder if I should be worried about the rest of the tubes.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 5 2016, 03:44 AM) *

That's cool, Mertay. Thanks for that. So I guess I can plug my Bax Bangeetar into my car while I am waiting for my amp. Nah! biggrin.gif

Edit/update:

I just heard from the music store. They did some testing per the recommendations from Orange and it turns the tube for the reverb was indeed a problem as well as some of the other tubes apparently. So the amp is on it's way back to Georgia and they will send back another as soon as they get this one. So it looks like another 2 weeks or more of waiting. Man, what a tease.
I am good with a replacement though. I believe even the best manufacturers kick out a lemon every now and then and I would rather not take the chance on this one having more problems, so a replacement is the best thing for me I think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 5 2016, 08:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 9 2016, 07:45 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Great news, some would have just replaced the tubes in the store.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 9 2016, 09:35 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 8 2016, 09:45 PM) *
Great news, some would have just replaced the tubes in the store.

Well, after doing the tests that the folks at Orange asked them to do. It was Orange that suggested shipping it back. I don't know if they tried some other tubes or not, or if they even have any other tubes on hand other than in another amp they have there.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 9 2016, 10:05 AM
Orange are a good honest company smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 12 2016, 04:55 PM
GMC:er
Who could say no to another brand new amp!! It's a long trip up there so something might have gotten jarred/cracked on the PCB. Here's hoping the next one makes it there in perfect shape! Til then the bangeetar is a great way to keep going. Killer tone in that thing smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 9 2016, 03:35 AM) *
Well, after doing the tests that the folks at Orange asked them to do. It was Orange that suggested shipping it back. I don't know if they tried some other tubes or not, or if they even have any other tubes on hand other than in another amp they have there.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 12 2016, 10:02 PM
Seeking compressor advice please. I've put a separate thread HERE as this is so big now it might put some new folks off but I've still put the link in this thread to keep it all together wink.gif

Please head on over to the thread linked above.

Cheers folks

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 14 2016, 09:54 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 10 2016, 08:55 PM
Where can I get one of these??? Would be great for the creativity workshop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d1yDCWicf0

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 11 2016, 05:20 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 12 2016, 07:55 AM) *
Who could say no to another brand new amp!! It's a long trip up there so something might have gotten jarred/cracked on the PCB. Here's hoping the next one makes it there in perfect shape! Til then the bangeetar is a great way to keep going. Killer tone in that thing smile.gif

Todd

Still waiting on the amp which as it turns out is on backorder and I probably won't see it until about the end of the month. Or, I could toss down another $700 or so and pick up the head and 4x12 cab that is sitting at the music store which they will sell me at the lowest price allowed without getting into trouble with Orange, (There is a minimum price that retailers are allowed to sell for on any given piece of gear that Orange produces) and pass on the combo. Decisions decisions. dry.gif Kind of tired of waiting.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: May 11 2016, 05:56 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 11 2016, 06:00 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 10 2016, 11:55 AM) *

Wow that thing makes some wicked sounds! ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 11 2016, 09:32 PM
I would seriously look for one if I knew what it is called. I'd sit in the garden when the neighbours have a bbq, just for fun laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 12 2016, 03:08 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Spookomatic 5000? Hahaa yeah, spooking the neighbors would be fun! biggrin.gif

Edit: Or maybe it's a Waterphone wink.gif

http://www.waterphone.com/about.php

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5815346/the-strange...te-movie-scores

This post has been edited by AK Rich: May 12 2016, 05:01 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 12 2016, 10:14 AM
Wow,

They are expensive blink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
May 12 2016, 01:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
aw man, Ive always wanted a theremin smile.gif such a cool 'thing'.

any song would immediately be 50% more awesome with a theremin solo.

1:29 for an example of said awesome -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPjpvESq-Tg

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 12 2016, 04:53 PM
I hear ya smile.gif You can always add a bass amp later, but honestly at bedroom volume you can run the bass through the orange half stack on the clean channel. That cab has soooooo much bass that it can handle it just fine iMHO smile.gif Only at high volume would you run in to issues. The combo would be easier to tote, but if you were gonna tote something, I'd say tote the orange pedal as it's quite portable, still sounds like an orange, nobody is likely to steal it out of your car/van/truck at a gig, since you can fit it in your gig bag, and it has cab emulation so you could just run direct to the PA.

Maybe bring your orange guitar combo back and compare to the stack to see what you think?

Todd

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 11 2016, 12:20 PM) *
Still waiting on the amp which as it turns out is on backorder and I probably won't see it until about the end of the month. Or, I could toss down another $700 or so and pick up the head and 4x12 cab that is sitting at the music store which they will sell me at the lowest price allowed without getting into trouble with Orange, (There is a minimum price that retailers are allowed to sell for on any given piece of gear that Orange produces) and pass on the combo. Decisions decisions. dry.gif Kind of tired of waiting.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
May 12 2016, 05:24 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 10 2016, 07:55 PM) *

That's a waterphone. We sampled one for Omnisphere. We also sampled a violin bowed bicycle wheel which produced a similar sound. And of course Omnisphere has plenty of theremin sounds smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 12 2016, 08:13 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ May 12 2016, 01:56 PM) *
aw man, Ive always wanted a theremin smile.gif such a cool 'thing'.

any song would immediately be 50% more awesome with a theremin solo.

1:29 for an example of said awesome -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPjpvESq-Tg

I love gadgets like that wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 14 2016, 04:46 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Rammikin @ May 12 2016, 08:24 AM) *
That's a waterphone. We sampled one for Omnisphere. We also sampled a violin bowed bicycle wheel which produced a similar sound. And of course Omnisphere has plenty of theremin sounds smile.gif.

Speaking of samplers. Can you recommend, or do you know of any samplers that are portable and can run on battery power, Rammikin?
I have got to get some samples of the lake ice singing during the beginnings of freeze up. Such an awesome sound!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 21 2016, 09:29 PM
Hello folks,

What do you reckon about this? 2001 USA made Tele, in rare Hot Rod Red. I'm getting the serial number tomorrow to see what I can find out about it. I can get it for under £700.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 22 2016, 07:19 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 21 2016, 10:30 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 21 2016, 08:29 PM) *
Hello folks,

What do you reckon about this? 2011 USA made Tele, in rare Hot Rod Red. I'm getting the serial number tomorrow to see what I can find out about it. I can get it for under £700.

Although there are way more experienced members here than me when it comes to Tele, from the Tele's I've played the type of bridge matters to me alot.

I haven't modded a bridge to hear the difference but my general observation is the 6 saddle vs the classic 3 makes a difference in tone character. The so called "twang" is more upfront with the classic 3 saddle while with the 6 though its still there a bit more subtle.

I see more 6 saddle versions on store walls than 3 and that makes sense to me as its more suited for the modern player, its probably more comfortable for most and for non-tele-traditional music genre's their tone can be more versatile.

Its and American Tele that looks cool so it can't be bad, if the price is good then a good deal. I'd only suggest trying a 3 saddle Tele too before pulling the trigger.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Sep 21 2016, 10:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 21 2016, 10:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
it's not a 2001 model? That's a pity.... older things are better biggrin.gif
Personally, I like the 3 saddle bridge as well but I can only echo what Metray said, its a US tele and looks good, Im sure it sounds just as good smile.gif
I absolutely adore my tele, I think everyone should have one biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: Sep 21 2016, 10:56 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:30 AM