> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Rhida's New Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2016, 04:54 PM
Instructor
Hi Rhida! Welcome back!

Please share your updated info here and we'll start working!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rhida
Aug 20 2016, 01:20 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gab

Here's the update you told me to share here.

I began playing at 17 and always felt some kind of discomfort.
Two years ago I joined here and worked with you. I got some results but the discomfort was still there.
Trust me I put in the hours but I still couldn'play some pretty easy stuff.
I decided that 2016 would be the year when I will get rid of this discomfort and began to study Jamies Andreas'Guitar Principles.' I also went to see some guitar teachers but they didn't have a clue.
The more I tried to relax my fretting hand (as I knew and as they told me) the less I could play as I refused to play with brutal force and unnecessary tension as I did all these years.
7 months and no result.
I turned 42 on July and I decided to quit the guitar.
I was so angry to think that I will never be the player I wished to be, so mad that I turned the guitar upside down to show my wife that I sucked badly no matter how I hold the guitar... but...but...
That day I discovered that I was actually a lefty... Then I made some tests that confirmed that.
Bends and chromatic exercises seems " natural " now.
Open chords are more clear.
I felt a little depressed feeling that I wasted 25 years of my life but I decided to buy a lefty guitar and I'm glad I did because I have a new perspective on life now.
l practice open chords and power chords. I practice the pentatonic patterns and some bends. I do some chromatics and some legato as a warrm-up.

As a matter of fact when I was a kid (1.5 year old) I had an accident and my left arrm was partially burned. I could not use it for months. And I suppose that since then I learned to use my right hand for everything. I entered school at 2 and they put a pencil in your right hand no matter what.

In short at 42 I 'm back with a vengeance and I will do anything to be the player I want to be.

I can do bends and play pentatonics at 70 bpm eighths notes actually. I 've been a beginner for 4 weeks now.

I'll share some videos of my "skills" this week-end and you'll see my new fretting hand more relaxed than the previous one.
About this thread now I would like to work on timing (as we did previously), improvisation (target notes with Caged system because I never studied it and I findf it fascinating) and phrasing.
I want to make music right away using my inner ear, find some ideas and developp them as long phrases and solos at my level using that I will learning with your guidance.
Later when I will be more fluent with chords we will work on chord progressions and eventually songwriting.
I don't feel confident at least for now to work on complete lessons.
(But I study some beginner lessons from others sources that help me a lot).

Take care.

P.S : I'm also learning to write with my left hand and it's not bad at all.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Rhida: Aug 20 2016, 01:27 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2016, 01:00 AM
Instructor
Hi Rhida, welcome back friend!

this is an interesting story. I think that your progress will be much faster because your mind is already trained for many of the skills needed to play guitar.

It's a pleassure for me to help you on this new journey. It's esential to see some videos of your current playing in order to see where we start.

So I'll wait for them before I design the first steps of your guitar plan, deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Aug 21 2016, 09:38 PM
Some videos of what I hopefully can do at the moment after 4 weeks now.

Warm-up

Some Open Chords

Power Chords

Pentatonics

Bends and Vibrato

Back to practice now! wink.gif

This post has been edited by Rhida: Aug 21 2016, 11:03 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 22 2016, 12:30 AM
Instructor
Ok! Here we go:

ASSIGNMENT #1:

Goals:

- Alternate Picking training

TASK 1:

- Let's cover this: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
- Learn one new part each day and practice it. Always dedicate some time each day to play the parts learnt the previous days.

TASK 2:

- Let's cover this: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/
- Learn one new part each day and practice it. Always dedicate some time each day to play the parts learnt the previous days.

Exam and deadline:

By September 1th you'll have to share 2 videos:

- A video playing the whole lesson shared in Task 1 over one of the backing tracks, it can be one the slower ones. (5 coins)
- A video playing the whole lesson shared in Task 2 over one of the backing tracks, it can be one of the slower ones. (5 coins)

Each of these submits will be evaluated (check the coins value below). You need to get at least 7 coins to pass. If you pass, we can continue, if you don't you will have a second "call" that would be the last one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Aug 22 2016, 07:49 AM
All right, I will work hard on these 2.
Although the second one involves stretching barre chords and unusual fingerings so the purpose of this exercise is not only on alternate picking but I will give it my best shot and see where I am on september the 1st.
I will keep you updated in a few days.

This post has been edited by Rhida: Aug 22 2016, 07:49 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 22 2016, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Great. There are two possibilities accepted for this first assignment:

- Working on a part of each lessons instead of the whole things.
- Working at a comfortable slow tempo.

We need takes that sound tight so use one of those approaches to make your takes sound the more perfect possible. Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Aug 22 2016, 02:40 PM
Deal.
I will do my best.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 23 2016, 06:21 PM
Instructor
Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Oct 2 2016, 08:51 PM
Hi Gab,

some little update

With my new guitar journey, I discovered that I have my own agenda.
Mentoring is not for me at the moment.
I prefer to work on lessons that I feel relevant for my own progress.
So I'm back at REC with my "White Whale"

I'm also working on another lesson and I will post my take soon at REC.

I 'm thankful for all the good advices you gave me all this time and I will keep this thread alive from time to time to share my progress.

Keep rockin' bro!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2016, 11:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Rhida,

that sounds good. Each guitarist and each person is different so not all methods works for all people. If you notice that you keep motivation and focus with your own agenda, that's perfect!

I've checked this take on the bending lesson. I've noticed that most of the times, the bends are close but not reaching the pitch perfectly. I recommend you to isolate each one, play the target not first and then bend to the note. Repeat it many times for each one, and then play the whole lesson. That's the way to master it.

Besides this, you need to be careful of playing double strings, and also, put some attention on timing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Oct 3 2016, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your always spot on advices.
I will work on these weaknesses.

A month ago, you told me to work on my alternate picking technique.
So here's the other lesson I've been working on.
I also submitted it at REC.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2016, 08:07 PM
Instructor
Hi Rhida, great to see you working on alternate picking.

I think that this lesson sounds good. Your hands movement seems right for me, and the overall lesson sounds very close to the original. I only can say that there are some little timing issues which can appear at slow tempos since it can be tricky to keep tempo when the beat is slow. It's a great exercise for rhythm to work at slow tempos.

Close to the end of the lesson, there are some unwanted noises, while the other parts sound clean. Just pay attention to that too.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:29 AM