What's You Current Earworm?
Phil66
Dec 12 2014, 08:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
As the title suggests, what is your current earworm? If you're posting the YouTube player please put the link above it as some tablets don't play embedded YouTube players rolleyes.gif

For those that haven't heard the phrase before, you will know doubt have had an earworm anyway biggrin.gif

An earworm, sometimes known as a brainworm, is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing. Phrases used to describe an earworm include musical imagery repetition, involuntary musical imagery, and stuck song syndrome.

This is mine, I wake up in the night "singing" the chorus from the word "hey" and my wife does the same rolleyes.gif When it's on in the car my wife can't help "playing" the drum lead into the word "Hey" and punching the air as she "sings" "Hey" and we're very close to 50 years old laugh.gif rolleyes.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
\m/ wink.gif \m/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO1_cpIIzXI

Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 13 2014, 07:08 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 12 2014, 09:49 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Cool thread as I've been having this one song on repeat for a week now. There is something in the chorus which makes it so catchy I guess smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=938GYJjxBeU

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 13 2014, 11:13 AM
Sweet tune Bogdan, poignant lyrics.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 13 2014, 03:30 PM
GMC:er
I've been digging these guys lately:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmtbg5b7_Aw

smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 13 2014, 07:07 PM
Very catchy Mr Jones smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Dec 13 2014, 10:23 PM

i've getting into these guys recently

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 13 2014, 10:30 PM
Cool, but do you have an actual earworm? A song that you just can't get out of your head? biggrin.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 14 2014, 02:22 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 13 2014, 04:30 PM) *
I've been digging these guys lately:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmtbg5b7_Aw

smile.gif

Wow, I can hear (and see) why smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 15 2014, 02:10 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Haha, nice topic!
Did you take the German word Ohrwurm Nd just translate it?
I have several different earworms every day. I just have to read something about whatever topic and my brain will connect it to a song I haven't heard in ages. That way, there is music in my head all the time.
Today it was "it's tearing up my heart" by N'Sync. I don't even know if that is the correct song title.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 15 2014, 03:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've been watching the Danish christmas show thingie called Pyrus. And there's this song which has stuck to my mind. It's in Danish so you probably won't understand it, but as you might be able to see it's a song about candy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijPo8-zqoqQ

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Dec 15 2014, 03:41 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 13 2014, 09:30 PM) *
Cool, but do you have an actual earworm? A song that you just can't get out of your head? biggrin.gif

yes, this song. especially the bridge/chorus.

--------------------
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 15 2014, 04:08 PM
Instructor
My current earworm is Paul Medonnca "Brother"

10 years ago I was "infected" by my friend drummer smile.gif Really excellent music. I was used to listen to Medonnca with a full band but I really enjoy that performace with just a basic section. So much space and breath in that particular version smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 15 2014, 10:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I almost got another ear worm smile.gif

I was in a kids store getting some Christmas presents for a nephew and man they were playing some ultra catchy songs laugh.gif I literally had to get out of there as I felt the songs sinking in (+some of them I knew from when I was a kid).

Stuff like this :

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 15 2014, 10:52 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This has been stuck in my head for a while now.

The chorus is really catchy and especially the ' Belial, Behemoth, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, Satanas, Lucifer ' section smile.gif written down, it doesnt seem like it would make for the most catchy of hooks but somehow they make it work cool.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 15 2014, 01:10 PM) *
"it's tearing up my heart" by N'Sync. I don't even know if that is the correct song title.

yeah... sure you dont know cool.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Dec 17 2014, 04:02 AM
[quote name='bleez' date='Dec 15 2014, 09:52 PM' post='702487']
This has been stuck in my head for a while now.

The chorus is really catchy and especially the ' Belial, Behemoth, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, Satanas, Lucifer ' section smile.gif written down, it doesnt seem like it would make for the most catchy of hooks but somehow they make it work cool.gif

Yes! Ghost B.C. is a great band. one of my favorites for sure.

--------------------
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 19 2014, 07:04 AM
Hmm. How about EXMORTUS!! They do a great job of bringing traditional Thrash elements up to date with some very fine modern lead work smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:16 PM