Feb 26 2010, 02:56 PM
GMC:er
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-G...Dusk-Tiger.aspx

Great walk through:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-G...iger/Video.aspx

Great sounds

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-G...iger/Video.aspx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Feb 26 2010, 03:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
ZakkWylde
Feb 26 2010, 03:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
I really hope Gibson goes bankrupt and gets build up from the ground with some new investors and a new CEO...
The way the company is run right now is just demolishing the good name of my favourite gutiar make: Bad Quality control, High prices, work conditions that make a lot of the great guitar builders quit their job and the stuid product lines they keep throwing on the market like the Zoosuit SG, the Holy Explorer and this abomination called Dusk Tiger...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Feb 26 2010, 03:56 PM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 26 2010, 04:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I don't really like the fact that you need to hook up your guitar to your pc xD

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 26 2010, 05:06 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Beautiful wood, but I don't like that big mirrow pickguard so much, I think that wood is too beautiful to hide it.

I don't care much for that chameleon technology. Just watched the vid and didn't find that much of a difference between he different preset tones, nothing you can't do already with an amp/stomps, maybe I'm wrong.

What I do like about these guitars is the auto-tuning system.

But what about changing tunings? From standard to drop D or half step down on all strings... I always ask the same question: how good is that for the guitar? I've been told that to change guitar tunings and do it right best thing is to set-up the whole guitar (intonation, neck relief, etc.). This system only turns the pegs. Maybe it doesn't matter and I'm too concerned about the guitar set-upm and it doesn't make that much of a difference...

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Feb 26 2010, 03:56 PM) *
and the stuid product lines they keep throwing on the market like the Zoosuit SG, the Holy Explorer and this abomination called Dusk Tiger...

I like the look of the black & red and black & natural zoot suit SGs. Not the other colors. I definitely agree with you on the holy explorer though laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Feb 26 2010, 05:50 PM
Learning Roadie
The wood looks really nice but that strange pickgard and metal things around the pickus make it look awfull.. Ii´m not very into this new generation of HI-Tech guitars ..

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Feb 26 2010, 10:04 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 26 2010, 06:14 PM
Instructor
The guitar looks horrible and costs so much IMO. But who knows, might be a good sounding one wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 26 2010, 07:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
It's about the ugliest piece Gibson ever made imo. It looks awful. In terms of electronics, they are trying to do what I already got in my Brian Moore guitar - eg. hooking up piezo electronics and humbuckers and use the piezo's to enable different tunings amongst other things. The bad news here is that all this stuff goes on-board instead of using external interfaces, hence - that would have allowed You to choose interface.... What they should have done is to take the classic LP and just mounted a piezo under the bridge and provided a 13-pin output. That would have made a killer guitar... This one is a joke....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Feb 26 2010, 08:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Feb 26 2010, 07:56 AM) *
I really hope Gibson goes bankrupt and gets build up from the ground with some new investors and a new CEO...
The way the company is run right now is just demolishing the good name of my favourite gutiar make: Bad Quality control, High prices, work conditions that make a lot of the great guitar builders quit their job and the stuid product lines they keep throwing on the market like the Zoosuit SG, the Holy Explorer and this abomination called Dusk Tiger...

+1

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 26 2010, 11:32 PM
Learning Tone Master

I also hopes they get bankcrupt, because then can their skilled craftsmen be employed by Fender instead, so they eventually can manage to do two similar guitar of the same serie..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Feb 27 2010, 12:05 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I kinda like the visuals of the giutar. Beautiful wood, and the pickup-mirror-guard is OK for me....but all those fancy electric stuff sounds extremely pointless except the robot tuning

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 28 2010, 05:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Feb 26 2010, 07:11 PM) *
It's about the ugliest piece Gibson ever made imo. It looks awful. In terms of electronics, they are trying to do what I already got in my Brian Moore guitar - eg. hooking up piezo electronics and humbuckers and use the piezo's to enable different tunings amongst other things. The bad news here is that all this stuff goes on-board instead of using external interfaces, hence - that would have allowed You to choose interface.... What they should have done is to take the classic LP and just mounted a piezo under the bridge and provided a 13-pin output. That would have made a killer guitar... This one is a joke....

//Staffay

+1

Did Gibson already made something similar with Piezo?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 28 2010, 05:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 28 2010, 05:18 PM) *
+1

Did Gibson already made something similar with Piezo?

I think all the Robot-guitars are built on piezo-technology, otherwise it would be impossible to use other tunings.... but i may be wrong.
This one, however, is made with piezo's, one for each string.

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 9 2010, 07:36 PM
Instructor

if you say so, I'd be careful to get one of these.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 10 2010, 03:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Staffy @ Feb 26 2010, 10:32 PM) *
I also hopes they get bankcrupt, because then can their skilled craftsmen be employed by Fender instead, so they eventually can manage to do two similar guitar of the same serie..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

//Staffay

I think PRS beat them to it mate! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 10 2010, 03:22 PM
Jazz Instructor
Wow, so expensive!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 10 2010, 03:48 PM
Instructor
this is just ugly..
+1 for gibson going into bankruptcy biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 10 2010, 07:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
It looks like a joke ..... huh.gif

Ugly expensive with an unaffordable price..... Gibson sure knows how to market their products biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Mar 10 2010, 09:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
That thing is ugly! And over $4,000?!?! I don't think so!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 10 2010, 10:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
A lot of the Gibson players have often asked Gibson to build some more ''Modern'' guitars. ''Moder'' as in thinner necks, 24 frets, diffrent scale lengths, highgain pickups, colors...

I guess the train of thought at Gibson was: Modern? Ok we build the same 50 year old design and stuff it full of unnecessary electronics!

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Mar 10 2010, 10:14 PM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 10 2010, 10:29 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I actually like that they are experimenting with different innovations made to electric guitar! Robot tuning is a nice technology and feature to have...But yes I must admit, guitar visually looks kinda weird smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:19 AM