> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Yash's Learning Corner, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 1 2012, 03:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 1 2012, 10:37 AM) *
Hey Gabe, I am done with all my exams and now I'll give all my time and energy to my guitar playing. (Don't ask how it went, just pray that I get selected into the college I was born in wink.gif )

Now, I am recording my hammer on lesson, it will be imperfect probably. And I'll be there at today's chat biggrin.gif.
And then, we'll take it on from here to my further endeavors in the world of soloing and shredding. Make me a shredder man. smile.gif

This sounds great Yash! Check out the lesson notes for today's chat. We will be playing exercises together so it would be great if you first learn the exercises:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...20&start=20

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 2 2012, 08:55 AM
GMC:er
I want to integrate this and GMC stuff into my routine.

http://picksnlicks.com/Guitar%20Lessons/Ex..._workout_1.html

But, man, I want to confess something.
I cant stop my creativity. laugh.gif Most of the times during my playing, I tend to get bored with something after sometime and then I start toying around., playing riffs, random soloing etc. tongue.gif
How do I stop it ? sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 2 2012, 04:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 2 2012, 04:55 AM) *
I want to integrate this and GMC stuff into my routine.

http://picksnlicks.com/Guitar%20Lessons/Ex..._workout_1.html

But, man, I want to confess something.
I cant stop my creativity. laugh.gif Most of the times during my playing, I tend to get bored with something after sometime and then I start toying around., playing riffs, random soloing etc. tongue.gif
How do I stop it ? sad.gif

You don't have to stop your creativity. Don't worry about it! That workout by Steve Vai is fantastic. I have used is as a guide since the first time I discovered it. You can use the categories as the guidelines and GMC lessons as the exercises to work on. What do you think? Are you doing it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 2 2012, 04:32 PM
OK, good idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 2 2012, 10:57 PM
Instructor
These are the categories:

1. Exercises
2. Scales
3. Chords
4. Ear training
5. Sight-reading
6. Composing/songwriting
7. Music theories
8. Jamming
9. Rest

Let's choose some GMC lessons. For exercises you can also use the lesson notes from my Vchat sessions. Ivan's Arpeggios and Scale workouts are really good for the Scale categories. (Check his lessons HERE) Regarding the chords category, Steve talks about some book that includes lots of chords and suggests to learn at least one new chord per day. I don't know exactly which chords you know and which ones you don't know. This category also includes strumming and rhythm so you should select some musical lessons here in the style that you prefer.
Regarding theory you don't have to miss our Theory Board: HERE.

About the composition category... I would like to help and guide you with this. We should start with short ideas and also analyzing your favourite bands stuff. You should also join all the collaborations that you can here at GMC. It's very important to practice your composing abilities and also to receive the instructor's feedback. You can also use the backing tracks for the jamming time.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 3 2012, 06:03 AM
Hey Gabe, I'll reply to your earlier post later, right now moving out for another trip.
But check this out.

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 3 2012, 06:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2012, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Yash, good take! You are starting to get a better sound of each note when you are playing legato. However your timing is not precise, you have to concentrate on playing tighter. Maybe using the slower backings could help you be more comfortable and play tighter.
I can't see where you are positioning your left hand thumb when you are playing this but be sure to put it centered compared to the other 4 fingers... something like this:

Attached Image

Let's add this warming up and endurance exercises to your diary practice:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42825

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 4 2012, 02:38 PM
I just started integrating the ITC exercises into my routine. Gotta spend an hour on them everyday, right. I feel very determined now. I must be a master :determined look:
Let's make a routine for me to get better.
And what's sight reading huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 4 2012, 04:43 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 4 2012, 01:43 AM) *
Hi Yash, good take! You are starting to get a better sound of each note when you are playing legato. However your timing is not precise, you have to concentrate on playing tighter. Maybe using the slower backings could help you be more comfortable and play tighter.
I can't see where you are positioning your left hand thumb when you are playing this but be sure to put it centered compared to the other 4 fingers... something like this:

Attached Image

Let's add this warming up and endurance exercises to your diary practice:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42825

Does this take pass me ? smile.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 4 2012, 05:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 4 2012, 12:43 PM) *
Does this take pass me ? smile.gif rolleyes.gif

maybe not, but please post it at the REC because other instructors feedback will really help you.

QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 4 2012, 10:38 AM) *
I just started integrating the ITC exercises into my routine. Gotta spend an hour on them everyday, right. I feel very determined now. I must be a master :determined look:
Let's make a routine for me to get better.
And what's sight reading huh.gif

This is my suggestion for the routine:

Routine Weeks 1 & 2:

LESSON #1 – WARMING UP & ENDURANCE

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Power-Chords/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...sciante-lesson/

Sight reading is reading music and playing it at the same time.

What chords, scales do you know?

As a first step for composing, please choose any of the active collaboration and join. I can guide you with that too.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 4 2012, 06:09 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 4 2012, 10:24 PM) *
maybe not, but please post it at the REC because other instructors feedback will really help you.

This is my suggestion for the routine:

Routine Weeks 1 & 2:

LESSON #1 – WARMING UP & ENDURANCE

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Power-Chords/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...sciante-lesson/

Sight reading is reading music and playing it at the same time.

What chords, scales do you know?

As a first step for composing, please choose any of the active collaboration and join. I can guide you with that too.

OK, these are great, but the Frusciante thing isnt my style, so maybe we can change it, but if you think its important, I'll work on it too.

And all the collabs have just ended laugh.gif
I'll join your next one.

Chords I know -

- Power Chords (duh)
- Barre Chords - E Major/Minor Shape, A Major/Minor Shape
- Open Chords - A Major/Minor, C Major, D Major/Minor, E Major/Minor, G Major

Scales I know

- Minor Pentatonic Scale shape, the most basic one
- Minor Scale On one string, I am working for all 6 strings
- I have learnt major scale quiet a few times, but always forget it, dont know why ? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 4 2012, 06:33 PM
Instructor
yes, we can change it. The idea is to have a melodic solo lesson that uses phrasing, bending and vibrato. Something like this:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Phrase-Book/

Do you have any other suggestion?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 5 2012, 05:14 AM
Phrase Book is awesome. I'll start working on it today. smile.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 5 2012, 01:15 PM
Problem Spotted - I am unable to use my pinky effectively on the lower strings (E & A mostly).
How do I overcome it.
The notes don't ring out well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 5 2012, 04:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 5 2012, 09:15 AM) *
Problem Spotted - I am unable to use my pinky effectively on the lower strings (E & A mostly).
How do I overcome it.
The notes don't ring out well.

In which type of licks does this problem appear? using legato or also with alternate picking?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 5 2012, 04:40 PM
More in Alternate picking. I am descent with the pinky in legato.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 5 2012, 05:29 PM
Hey bro, I wanted to share something with you.

I really like power metal, especially music with keyboards and orchestration. But how do I discover and dig more into this stuff ?

This has really been a problem for me. I want to discover more styles of music, but I don't know where to start. I really like Children of Bodom, and loved your Power metal lessons. So, suggest me some songs for going deeper into power metal (with or without Symphony),especially ballads. smile.gif

Oh My God, dude, I just found out from one of your lessons, your brother is the bass player in your band. He is a great player too. biggrin.gif
smile.gif Awesome biggrin.gif
Don't know if he 's older or you, so I think I'll just shoot my query.

I wanna get my brother to play bass too. He is 15 now. But he's falling into pop music a lot now a days. He used to worship Cliff Burton (of Metallica) and David Ellefson (of Megadeth) but he just seems to have quit, he is starting to hate metal (almost completely hates metal now, but still like the ballads).

So, how do I inspire him to play bass and get more metal ? Maybe I could learn from you and your brother's story.

From what I know, he'll like stuff that's ballady, slow, and with symphony and orchestration.

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 5 2012, 05:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 5 2012, 06:51 PM
Instructor
Hi Yash! Nice post. smile.gif

Well, regarding power metal, I have been a big fan so I know lots of bands. At first I would start by the first bands that have been considered Power Metal. You should check this ones:

Helloween

Blind Guardian

Gamma Ray

Heaven's Gate

Rage

Grave Digger

Then appeared some other that I really like:

Angra

Stratovarius

Rhapsody

Hammerfall

Sonata Arctica

Edguy

Avantasia

Regarding my brother's experience, it has been very natural. Our uncle was a big fan of rock, metal and power metal. He always shared lots of fantastic music with us and we always enjoyed it together. You can't do anything to convince people to like something that they don't like, but if your brother see you passionate and motivated with music and metal maybe he would like to share that feeeling with you.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 5 2012, 06:54 PM
This would keep me indulged. Thanks Gab smile.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 5 2012, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 5 2012, 02:54 PM) *
This would keep me indulged. Thanks Gab smile.gif biggrin.gif

These are not only ballads but you can explore these band's music and you will find many ballads too.

For example these ones by Helloween:

this one can¡t be considered only ballad because is an epic masterpiece but the chorus is ballad style:

my favourite ballad by Blind Guardian:

by Edguy:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:37 AM