Need Help
Tolek
Nov 16 2009, 04:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there,
I´ve got a problem for a few days now. I can´t enter some sites, e.g www.yahoo.de where I want to check my mail. Also, youtube and GMC videos aren´t loading to the end, well, IF they are loading at all... It looks like a memory was full. huh.gif

Can anyone help, please? I use FireFox 3.5.5 and I tried IE, as well.

Cheers,
Tolek

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tolek: Nov 16 2009, 05:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 17 2009, 12:32 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm this this problem persist? I don't think your PC or OS is the problem rather something with your internet provider and connection. All the symptoms indicate to that...Maybe you should call your providers technical support to see if they are doing some work on the network that is causing delays and inconsistent traffic.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 17 2009, 03:03 AM
Instructor
did you try clearing your cookies and history?

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
zen
Nov 17 2009, 09:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
You've mentioned "some" sites are not working. Does that mean videos are loading fine from other sites?
Since you've tried both the browsers, as suggested above ..try clearing the cookies/ temp internet files and then try again. Also confirm that your c drive is not running out of space. If this persists, it is most likely your internet connection (as suggested above) .. goto a bandwith test page (google "free bandwidth test") and run one of the tests and confirm the results of the tests are in accordance or near the speed of your link. If they are not, contact your ISP. If they are, try connecting a spare/ friend's laptop or another machine to the same connection and test if the vids load correctly from the same link. If the vids load up fine on this (spare/ borrowed laptop), implies your internet connection is fine ...then possibly investigate problems on your machine.... it may also be the LAN card of your machine that may be faulty or reinstall flash. If the vids dont load well on the borrwed laptop, then its defintely your internet connection. Take it step by step to pin point the issue. Sorry if i have confused you smile.gif

All the best smile.gif

This post has been edited by zen: Nov 17 2009, 12:15 PM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 17 2009, 08:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 17 2009, 12:32 AM) *
Hmm this this problem persist? I don't think your PC or OS is the problem rather something with your internet provider and connection. All the symptoms indicate to that...Maybe you should call your providers technical support to see if they are doing some work on the network that is causing delays and inconsistent traffic.

I´m gonna do this when there´s no other possibility left. smile.gif

QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 17 2009, 03:03 AM) *
did you try clearing your cookies and history?

Yes, but only one thing changed. I can go to www.de.yahoo.com, but only when I´m not logged in. When I enter my username and password and click 'log in', the page turns white and tries to connect to the server, but it breakes off after some time.

QUOTE (zen @ Nov 17 2009, 09:37 AM) *
You've mentioned "some" sites are not working. Does that mean videos are loading fine from other sites?
Since you've tried both the browsers, as suggested above ..try clearing the cookies/ temp internet files and then try again. Also confirm that your c drive is not running out of space. If this persists, it is most likely your internet connection (as suggested above) .. goto a bandwith test page (google "free bandwidth test") and run one of the tests and confirm the results of the tests are in accordance or near the speed of your link. If they are not, contact your ISP. If they are, try connecting a spare/ friend's laptop or another machine to the same connection and test if the vids load correctly from the same link. If the vids load up fine on this (spare/ borrowed laptop), implies your internet connection is fine ...then possibly investigate problems on your machine.... it may also be the LAN card of your machine that may be faulty or reinstall flash. If the vids dont load well on the borrwed laptop, then its defintely your internet connection. Take it step by step to pin point the issue. Sorry if i have confused you smile.gif

All the best smile.gif

I did the Bandwidth test:
Download Speed: 2028 kbps (253.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 209 kbps (26.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 67 ms

The transfer rate which my computer shows is 100,0 MBit/s. That´s pretty impossible, right?

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 17 2009, 09:45 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I suggest you run a cleanup. Remove spyware and viruses. Then get something like Glarys utilities and clean up disks and registry.
There are plenty of freeware software that can handle this, if you can get to www.download.com

The kids older cousine downloaded anything and everything, being 14 and unaware... as long as the chat worked.
Suddenly her internet stopped working.

I deleted several thousands of spyware and a few viruses and everything worked like a charm after that.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 17 2009, 10:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
I just made a scan with AVG Anti-Virus Free and removed all infected files and spyware. Nothing changed. huh.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Nov 17 2009, 10:39 PM

+Quote Post
zen
Nov 18 2009, 09:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Nov 17 2009, 09:54 PM) *
I´m gonna do this when there´s no other possibility left. smile.gif

Yes, but only one thing changed. I can go to www.de.yahoo.com, but only when I´m not logged in. When I enter my username and password and click 'log in', the page turns white and tries to connect to the server, but it breakes off after some time.

I did the Bandwidth test:
Download Speed: 2028 kbps (253.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 209 kbps (26.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 67 ms

The transfer rate which my computer shows is 100,0 MBit/s. That´s pretty impossible, right?

The test seems ok if u're on an ADSL link. It's not ok if you are on ADSL2+ or higher. And the 100 mb/s that u're referring to is your local speed from your machines lan card's connection to the adsl router (this is an assumption as i dont know what sort of connection you are on).

Try exploring the test scenario's that I've mentioned in my post above. Is it difficult to get another machine for testing? Is it happening with all sites or only specific few sites? Try uninstalling firefox and then do a fresh re installation of it.

This post has been edited by zen: Nov 18 2009, 09:29 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 18 2009, 04:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (zen @ Nov 18 2009, 09:28 AM) *
The test seems ok if u're on an ADSL link. It's not ok if you are on ADSL2+ or higher. And the 100 mb/s that u're referring to is your local speed from your machines lan card's connection to the adsl router (this is an assumption as i dont know what sort of connection you are on).

Try exploring the test scenario's that I've mentioned in my post above. Is it difficult to get another machine for testing? Is it happening with all sites or only specific few sites? Try uninstalling firefox and then do a fresh re installation of it.

For me it´s impossible to get a laptop now. I just have to deal with this problem without that option.
I´m gonna install FF as soon as I´ve done my homework. wink.gif

BTW, youtube is working normally again, but yahoo isn´t loading... What the heck?

This post has been edited by Tolek: Nov 18 2009, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Nov 18 2009, 05:19 PM
Jazz Instructor
looks like you're having problems with internet connection, it isn't up to browser or OS...

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 18 2009, 05:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Nov 18 2009, 05:19 PM) *
looks like you're having problems with internet connection, it isn't up to browser or OS...

I don´t know. Pretty every site is loading properly except from yahoo...
I have to check my mail... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 19 2009, 12:09 AM
Instructor
Install Spybot Search & Destroy, update and scan.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:39 AM