What's Your Music Saying?, About subliminal messaging
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 3 2010, 11:23 AM
GMC Founder
Bands such as Judas Priest have been blamed for subliminal messaging in their music.

If you were to use subliminal messaging in your music what would you say?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Dec 3 2010, 11:35 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
"Cook me breakfast" tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
Dec 3 2010, 12:30 PM
GMC Administrator
"Teachers! Leave those kids alone!"

I have to admit, " Cook me breakfast" would be a close second

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Dec 3 2010, 12:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Send me 5 dollars for eternal happiness wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 3 2010, 12:33 PM
GMC Founder
Yeah or just a general note about me being hungry is what I would throw in! laugh.gif God this discussion makes me long for lunch!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 3 2010, 01:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Buy this CD ! smile.gif))

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 3 2010, 01:15 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 3 2010, 01:09 PM) *
Buy this CD ! smile.gif))

How about this one: I hope you bought this tune you little %"(&%

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2010, 01:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 3 2010, 12:15 PM) *
How about this one: I hope you bought this tune you little %"(&%

Awesome !!!! biggrin.gif

If it wasn't something funny, then I would definitely put something positive in there. I think there's too much hate being spread in music.. if I have the opportunity to reach anyone listening somewhere in the world, I would want to inspire them.

So maybe 'Try harder in life, respect all those you love, and even that which you don't like or understand... and finally, don't be an a**hole !!' or words to that effect !! smile.gif

Failing that, 'Send me lots of beer and pies' would be next ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 3 2010, 02:20 PM
Instructor
Mine is definitely: "Don't be shy - just be yourself and enjoy what you're listening to in every way you see fit. If you don't like my music, pass it on to someone who would appreciate it tongue.gif"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 3 2010, 03:04 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
A little OT but

If the track is any good I always burn 'mastered by tony' in to the CD.

If it isn't I burn 'mastered down the road by some other guy' wink.gif .

[For those who remember years ago when we still had vinyl records a UK mastering engineer used to etch 'A Porky Prime Cut' in to the vinyl of records he liked.]

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 3 2010, 05:31 PM
GMC:er
Hmm. Good question! I might try and put just something positive like "you feel relaxed, you fell good" to encourage repeat listening and to help folks feel better as they listened. There should be a handy plugin for embedding subliminal messages in music smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 3 2010, 06:29 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 3 2010, 02:20 PM) *
Mine is definitely: "Don't be shy - just be yourself and enjoy what you're listening to in every way you see fit. If you don't like my music, pass it on to someone who would appreciate it tongue.gif"

Thats a great one! many people are uncertain about there music... it would be great is that could change biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Dec 3 2010, 06:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
There is always more to life smile.gif

(than school, guitar, music etc)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 3 2010, 06:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nielzsz @ Dec 3 2010, 05:29 PM) *
Thats a great one! many people are uncertain about there music... it would be great is that could change biggrin.gif

Thank you mate smile.gif many people are uncertain about themselves wink.gif it's hard to be "a man with a one track mind" as Mr Mercury said in a famous song biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Dec 3 2010, 05:37 PM) *
There is always more to life smile.gif

(than school, guitar, music etc)

Music should be a part of your life which gives you the proper balance to have a beautiful soul and a healthy mind smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 3 2010, 07:41 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 3 2010, 06:44 PM) *
Thank you mate smile.gif many people are uncertain about themselves wink.gif it's hard to be "a man with a one track mind" as Mr Mercury said in a famous song biggrin.gif

Music should be a part of your life which gives you the proper balance to have a beautiful soul and a healthy mind smile.gif

I hope you can make the songs that will change people. Because you really see what is going on!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 3 2010, 07:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nielzsz @ Dec 3 2010, 06:41 PM) *
I hope you can make the songs that will change people. Because you really see what is going on!

Try to write many songs and work on orchestrations smile.gif i realized over time, that your instrument should be only an extension of your body that helps you express yourself - be it voice, piano, guitar, whatever - the music actually resides within you smile.gif and you can take it along wherever you are going.

keep this in mind and start expressing yourself!

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 3 2010, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I suck

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 3 2010, 08:27 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (superize @ Dec 3 2010, 08:20 PM) *
I suck

haha tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 4 2010, 01:12 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I would probably put every single word Carl Sagan has ever spoke into the song.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 4 2010, 10:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 3 2010, 06:56 PM) *
Try to write many songs and work on orchestrations smile.gif i realized over time, that your instrument should be only an extension of your body that helps you express yourself - be it voice, piano, guitar, whatever - the music actually resides within you smile.gif and you can take it along wherever you are going.

keep this in mind and start expressing yourself!

Cosmin is absolutely right... all you could ever need does already reside within.. it's just finding it and unlocking it. You'll get closer to unleashing you own potential when you let go of any rules and constraints you have placed on yourself. As I was saying to some of you the other day, the day I finally accepted to myself that 'I'll never be the fastest guitar player in the world' was the most freeing revelation ever.. because then it left me free to explore my own guitar playing instead of having to compete with what somebody else has already done.

So, everybody just say 'I'll never be as fast as Yngwie or Paul Gilbert or Petrucci !!' Now, we can get on with our lives and make music !! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:51 PM