2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Justin Myrick: New Gmc Admin, Get to know Justin!
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 31 2011, 03:59 PM
GMC Founder
Hi guys!

It's a great pleasure for me to introduce Justin, whom I have been working with since October. He is really nice guy and our goal is for all you guys to get to know him up close and personal - as he will be doing a lot of work related to the community. Some of you might have seen us goof around on facebook already, if not here is a fresh video!

Q: Where are you from?
A: Rochester, New York

Q: Why did you move to Denver?
A: After getting my bachelors degree I wanted to see what else was out there. Colorado not only has the mountains for snowboarding, hiking, camping, and rock climbing, it has over 310 days of sunshine a year! I don't know about you but I love being outdoors in the sun.

Q: What's your favorite guitar to play?
A: Out of the three that I own, the Yamaha acoustic is my favorite to play for 3 reasons. Firstly, I can just pick it up and play without messing with amps, chords, or settings. Secondly, I can take it anywhere and play. I love traveling, camping, and playing outside so there's no comparison between it, and an electric. Lastly, I love the way feels and sounds which I think is the most important.

Q: What type of music do you listen to?
A: I must say that the only music I don't listen to is country. I'm the type of person that loads up my iPhone will all types of music and just listens to it on shuffle. Sure, if I'm working out or trying to relax I listen to more specific styles. I grew up in house that was filled with music by Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Allman Brothers, Stones, and Celine Dion. Haha, what can I say, my brother loves Celion Dion.

Q: What's up with all those tattoos?
A: Well for starters, I don't have them because "I think they are stylish and I like the way they look". wink.gif All of my tattoos either represent a time, person, or place that is truly important to me and that I don't ever want to forget. Some people like taking pictures, I like having tattoos.

Q: Why did you move to Sweden?
A:After living in Denver for 5 years I decided I needed to get out and see more of the world. I went to Australia to travel and ended up meeting Andrea who's from Stockholm. We ended up living in Australia for a year and afterward I decided to move to Sweden. Life's to short not to chase your dreams.

Q: How did you start working for GMC?
A: A friend made a recommendation about this website he was taking guitar lessons from a long time ago (freelicks.net). He said that I should check it out if I wanted take my guitar playing more seriously. I searched for the site and ended up at GMC. After getting in contact with Kristofer about the site and how the site has developed he decided to ask me to come in for a job interview. Obviously I went and nailed the interview and here we are.

Q: What will you be doing here at GMC?
A: My first and most important goal is to help members out. If your new and you don't know where to start, email me. If you have any questions about private lessons, collaborations, or competitions, email me. My job is simple, make your experience here at GMC better. Feel free to personal message me or email: Justin.Myrick (at) GuitarMasterClass.net

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jan 31 2011, 04:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
Good to hear. Looking forward to get to know you Justin, welcome smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
Jan 31 2011, 05:05 PM
GMC Administrator
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jan 31 2011, 04:17 PM) *
Good to hear. Looking forward to get to know you Justin, welcome smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you.

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 31 2011, 05:37 PM
Instructor
Good luck with your new job, Justin wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Jan 31 2011, 06:06 PM
Beginner Instructor
Haha I love the video!

PS: Looks like you had a great reason to move to Sweden!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 31 2011, 06:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool, nice to have you aboard! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 31 2011, 10:18 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Awesome video Justin! smile.gif)) Love the insights smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
Jan 31 2011, 10:22 PM
GMC Administrator
Cheers guys! Thanks for the warm welcome. wink.gif

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Feb 1 2011, 04:15 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I got a question, where can I meet a Swedish girl to take me to Sweden? biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 1 2011, 07:22 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Welcome Justin (belated).

+1 to Mudbone but I am taken. sad.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
Feb 1 2011, 10:02 AM
GMC Administrator
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Feb 1 2011, 04:15 AM) *
I got a question, where can I meet a Swedish girl to take me to Sweden? biggrin.gif

haha, my advice would be to just come visit me Kris and I. They're everywhere! wink.gif

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 1 2011, 10:17 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Justin Myrick @ Feb 1 2011, 10:02 AM) *
haha, my advice would be to just come visit me Kris and I. They're everywhere! wink.gif

I am NOT a girl, I have already tried explaining that!!

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 31 2011, 05:37 PM) *
Good luck with your new job, Justin wink.gif

Yes he'll be needing that, working with me! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 1 2011, 10:23 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hi there Justin, we already knew each other but here's an Official Welcome cool.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 1 2011, 10:52 AM
Instructor
Yes it is a great vid ! I think Kris and Justin have a little TOO much fun sometimes.... how about all us GMCers go and crash their party ??? tongue.gif

I'll bring donuts.. who's bringing the drinks ?

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
Feb 1 2011, 11:36 AM
GMC Administrator
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 1 2011, 10:52 AM) *
Yes it is a great vid ! I think Kris and Justin have a little TOO much fun sometimes.... how about all us GMCers go and crash their party ??? tongue.gif

Can I at least put in order for some jelly filled donuts first?

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 1 2011, 12:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Justin Myrick @ Feb 1 2011, 10:36 AM) *
Can I at least put in order for some jelly filled donuts first?

Jelly Filled Donuts ?? Surely you're messing with me... they exist ??? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 1 2011, 12:57 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 1 2011, 11:04 AM) *

laugh.gif possibly "Jam" but yea jelly (the wobbly kind) would be pretty cool

welcome Justin!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
Feb 1 2011, 01:05 PM
GMC Administrator
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 1 2011, 12:04 PM) *

Jam/ Jelly, there's some assortment of sugar glazed fruit in there. I like them because they're healthier than regular donuts. It like eating apple pie, delicious and nutritious.

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Feb 1 2011, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Welcome again smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Fre
Feb 1 2011, 06:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Justin! Nice introduction! How are you man!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 1 2011, 10:52 AM) *

I'll be bringing Belgian beer!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:56 AM