Hurrican Coming For Florida
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2022, 02:24 AM
GMC:er
It's storm season and we may get flooded. We might lose electric and wifi. I"ll be back on friday from the look of it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Sep 27 2022, 11:38 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
We just got hammered in Nova Scotia with Fiona. I'm on Day 4 with no power. Gas stations are running out, crazy lineups, tough to keep the generator going.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 27 2022, 02:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
I hope you stay safe, Todd.

And I hope you're able to get power back soon, @Freepizza. It's something quite foreign to me here in Denmark as we're not really hit by anything like that kinda weather. Looks scary!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Sep 27 2022, 07:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Storm Linnebjerg @ Sep 27 2022, 01:12 PM) *
I hope you stay safe, Todd.

Yes, stay safe Todd. Ian looks messy.

QUOTE (Storm Linnebjerg @ Sep 27 2022, 01:12 PM) *
And I hope you're able to get power back soon, @Freepizza. It's something quite foreign to me here in Denmark as we're not really hit by anything like that kinda weather. Looks scary!

Thanks Ben, hopefully we get back online soon.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 27 2022, 07:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Stay safe folks!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 30 2022, 01:07 AM
That's some serious damage @freepizza. i had no idea that even happened. I thought only florida got the fun stuff smile.gif It hit us pretty hard down here. Im not in the direct path but it seems they are having trouble keeping power going. It's just been spotty for days. Still, that's a luxury compared to fueling a genie. I hope you guys are ok!

it's a good thing that this "climate change" thing is a hoax right? otherwise warming sea water causing these extreme storms would be a concern. Oh well. Im sure it will be fine. smile.gif

Here is a bit on what it did to Florida. Some folks will be without power for weeks.

QUOTE (FreePizza @ Sep 27 2022, 02:38 PM) *
Yes, stay safe Todd. Ian looks messy.

Thanks Ben, hopefully we get back online soon.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 30 2022, 01:10 AM

+Quote Post
Blister
Sep 30 2022, 09:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Attached Image

This screenshot was taken Wednesday night at 9:30pm EST. It was projected to come directly toward us but ended up turning east, just south of us & then north slipping by without any rain. We did get a lot of wind as I spent the morning picking up a lot of branches that had broken off my many oak trees. I live 2 hours north of Todd. We were lucky but I feel concerned for anyone that came in the path of this beast.

Freepizza, those pictures are so scary. I hope your home didn't have any damage & that you & your family are all ok.

Todd, I'm so glad you & your family are ok.

I'm hoping to soon return to GMC. I have missed playing & the community.

Gary

This post has been edited by Blister: Sep 30 2022, 09:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Oct 2 2022, 12:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 30 2022, 12:07 AM) *
That's some serious damage @freepizza. i had no idea that even happened. I thought only florida got the fun stuff smile.gif It hit us pretty hard down here. Im not in the direct path but it seems they are having trouble keeping power going. It's just been spotty for days. Still, that's a luxury compared to fueling a genie. I hope you guys are ok!

Doing ok man, it was tough but we got through. Finally, after 168 hours power was restored last night. It is such a relief. Our island is really a mess though, going to need a serious recovery.

QUOTE (Blister @ Sep 30 2022, 08:41 PM) *
Freepizza, those pictures are so scary. I hope your home didn't have any damage & that you & your family are all ok.
Gary

We lost a lot of our fence, one window, and part of our roof but we're all ok. smile.gif

This post has been edited by FreePizza: Oct 2 2022, 12:14 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 4 2022, 01:57 AM
I had no idea that you were from Florida!! I should have paid more attention as it says so under your name smile.gif I'm very glad we only got the edge of this in my tiny hometown a couple hours west of Orlando. There are those in Fort Myers who got crushed by this. We lost power, sure, trees lost limbs, cars got beat up, but we didn't get 12 feet of water like some places did. I hope you and yours are still doing ok smile.gif

Here is a bit of video from Fort Myers up to 12 feet of water.

Todd
QUOTE (Blister @ Sep 30 2022, 04:41 PM) *
Attached Image

This screenshot was taken Wednesday night at 9:30pm EST. It was projected to come directly toward us but ended up turning east, just south of us & then north slipping by without any rain. We did get a lot of wind as I spent the morning picking up a lot of branches that had broken off my many oak trees. I live 2 hours north of Todd. We were lucky but I feel concerned for anyone that came in the path of this beast.

Todd, I'm so glad you & your family are ok.

I'm hoping to soon return to GMC. I have missed playing & the community.

Gary

Glad you are OK!!! These storms are becoming more frequent and more destructive. I do not look forward to next years "Storm Season". It's just a ritual part of living in Florida sadly.

QUOTE (FreePizza @ Oct 1 2022, 07:14 PM) *
Doing ok man, it was tough but we got through. Finally, after 168 hours power was restored last night. It is such a relief. Our island is really a mess though, going to need a serious recovery.

We lost a lot of our fence, one window, and part of our roof but we're all ok. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 4 2022, 02:00 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 7 2022, 03:29 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (FreePizza @ Oct 2 2022, 01:14 AM) *

Good to hear you are ok man 👊❤️

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 06:26 PM