2 Pages V   1 2 >  
She Totally Blows My Mind..!, GMC student Monica Gheorghevici
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 3 2021, 02:04 PM
GMC Founder
It's been 8 years since Monica joined the site.

I have been trying to find a good way to describe Monica's progress, but... I would like to show you instead. Start with this early Monica video:

(taken from her youtube channel)

Now I invite you check out her latest composition:

(as presented in this thread)

To me, Monica's extreme attention to details - coupled with her pace of progress, is unique! She nails every little detail.

On top of this - she does it in an instrumental composition of her own - which to me sounds like a modern version Marty Friedman meets Andy Timmons ballad. You can check out more details of Monica's journey by browsing her topics.

So Monica - I think you are one of the most inspiring students we have ever had. For many of us, seeing your progress is a huge catalyst to practice harder.

There is so much we can learn from you. As an example you are always extremely thoughtful in your critique/feedback. Through your analysis, we can clearly tell you did not end up mastering all those subtle (and super tasty!) micro techniques by accident. No, your journey is a laser focused quest to master the instrument at every level.

Possibly - even towards a level no one has seen before, because I know you are hard at work with Darius Wave - and I am honestly a bit scared to see where this will take you 🤩

But all of this wouldn't be worth celebrating, if it weren't for the fact you are also a strong force of positivity at GMC. Whenever I see you have posted, I know that it will either brighten my day, or teach me something new - but most of the time both.

I know you have been going through some tough times recently - but rest assured that you will always have a community ready to support you in GMC ❤️

YOU ROCK!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 3 2021, 02:25 PM
Learning Roadie
I think she got my share of discipline and consistency

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 3 2021, 03:29 PM
GMC:er
Very impressive!
And yes, anytime Monica responds to a thread here I read it.

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 3 2021, 04:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice. congratulations with your hard work and keep up.
Well deserved smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2021, 05:33 PM
Instructor
It's great to find this recognition for Monica! Your hard work, discipline, attention to details and progress are very inspiring for everybody here at GMC!

You are also a very sweet and friendly person that always bring good vibes to the community.

Thanks for your friendship & inspiration Moni!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 3 2021, 05:39 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Monica is a tour de force of self discipline and attention to detail, we can ALL learn from this amazing lady. She's always helpful and her comments are always very well put and inspiring.

Thank you for being you Monica, you rock \m/ cool.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 7 2021, 07:13 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 3 2021, 11:41 PM
GMC:er
Well deserved!! I've really enjoyed seeing your progress Monica!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 4 2021, 04:58 AM
Learning Tone Master
First of all, Kris thank you so much for this post (it was an unexpected and very emotional surprise), for your awesome words and your constant support. smile.gif

Reading what you all wrote, it impressed me to tears. I usually talk and write too much but this time you guys made me remain without words.
When Darius brought me to GMC, I never believed that I will meet such amazing people and my life will change in a positive way.
After 8 years of being daily present in GMC, I can say that beside a huge amount of stuffs that I have learned from lessons, from the instructors feedback and from all of you, I won amazing friends. smile.gif

As for my journey....this continues because I still have so many things to learn, to do and show.
At this moment I work at a new composition. Will be different than the first one because Darius requirements grows with each new step that I make. biggrin.gif But this is what I love and what makes me have a constant ambitious to finish things that at a first view I believe them impossible.
This it's my favorite workshop and I dreamed at it from the first moment when I started playing at guitar. smile.gif

To give you something from the "house", my new composition will be based on much more developed ideas, even more subtle details, new additions in techniques and some parts where will be a harmonization between two guitars. I hardly wait to have this finished and share with you.

So.....guys thanks from my heart for all your support and for the fact that all these years you kept staying with me in my journey. I love you all. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Sep 4 2021, 08:44 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Monica,

you are a great technician and you deserve the recognition of GMC
Hope to hear you in a futur GMC Collab... Good for your Creativity

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Sep 4 2021, 08:47 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Congratulations on your well deserved recognition, Monica! You have made great strides over the years in your playing.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 5 2021, 07:25 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MisterM @ Sep 4 2021, 07:44 AM) *
Hi Monica,

you are a great technician and you deserve the recognition of GMC
Hope to hear you in a futur GMC Collab... Good for your Creativity

Thank you so much Manu!!! You also have a killer playing and I always hardly wait to see a new take from you. smile.gif
I was really sad to read about your elbow. I hope the therapy works good and your pains will go soon. I wish you a fast recovery. smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Sep 4 2021, 07:47 AM) *
Congratulations on your well deserved recognition, Monica! You have made great strides over the years in your playing.

Rich, you are very kind! Thank you so much for your awesome words! It means a lot to me. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 6 2021, 09:06 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 4 2021, 05:58 AM) *
As for my journey....this continues because I still have so many things to learn, to do and show.
At this moment I work at a new composition. Will be different than the first one because Darius requirements grows with each new step that I make. biggrin.gif But this is what I love and what makes me have a constant ambitious to finish things that at a first view I believe them impossible.
This it's my favorite workshop and I dreamed at it from the first moment when I started playing at guitar. smile.gif

To give you something from the "house", my new composition will be based on much more developed ideas, even more subtle details, new additions in techniques and some parts where will be a harmonization between two guitars. I hardly wait to have this finished and share with you.

Can't wait to hear it Monica - keep doing what you do 🤩👊

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 6 2021, 09:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
This is awesome! Monica, you deserve all the recognition you want and get smile.gif You are and always will be an inspiration! You've come a long way and you will go a long way, no doubt! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 7 2021, 06:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 6 2021, 08:08 AM) *
This is awesome! Monica, you deserve all the recognition you want and get smile.gif You are and always will be an inspiration! You've come a long way and you will go a long way, no doubt! smile.gif

Ben, thank you very much for your awesome words. It means a lot to me. smile.gif

BTW, I remember that the moment when I became a fan of your playing was somewhere in 2013, in the day when I listened your take for our "Less is more" competition. Then I was fascinated by your melodic sense. smile.gif
I tried to find your take but apparently that topic seems to be playing hide-and-seek with me. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 7 2021, 06:58 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 7 2021, 07:35 AM) *
BTW, I remember that the moment when I became a fan of your playing was somewhere in 2013, in the day when I listened your take for our "Less is more" competition. Then I was fascinated by your melodic sense. smile.gif
I tried to find your take but apparently that topic seems to be playing hide-and-seek with me. biggrin.gif

hm I tried to find it as well...Was it really called "Less is More collab"?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 7 2021, 07:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
It was a competition not a collab (somewhere in December 2013). wink.gif Yes, I'm sure this was the name because I have this wrote on my take from YT.
We had even a V-chat made by Darius named "Less is more" competition:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50784

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Sep 7 2021, 07:23 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 7 2021, 07:31 AM
GMC Founder
Hm weird, I can also find traces from it - but not the actual competition thread! 😶

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 7 2021, 09:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 7 2021, 06:31 AM) *
Hm weird, I can also find traces from it - but not the actual competition thread! 😶

Haha...I'm good....I succeeded to find the topic. biggrin.gif Of course probably I'm also quite crazy because I searched page by page. laugh.gif
It last few hours but I found Ben's take. smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...0769&st=120

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Sep 7 2021, 09:05 AM

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 7 2021, 09:39 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice smile.gif thats a really Long time ago.
I also joined that collab in 2013. It was one of my first competitions / collab😎
Very cool takes from you and Ben

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 7 2021, 09:56 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 7 2021, 10:03 AM) *
Haha...I'm good....I succeeded to find the topic. biggrin.gif Of course probably I'm also quite crazy because I searched page by page. laugh.gif
It last few hours but I found Ben's take. smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...0769&st=120

Yeah! Very nice takes indeed. Cool to see Cael play a strat!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:00 PM