Timing Lessons?
sigma7
Dec 19 2008, 07:56 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC! I recently got a sansa view and it has a built in tiny recorder. Anyway, I recently recorded myself playing and I noticed that I was off my timing to the point of where it is nauseating. I played good, clean, but not time. I thought I was though. Can you guys reccommend me the most basic and easiest timing lessons here on GMC? I need help finding one because I dont know where should I start. I already finished the smoke on the water one but that was easy because everyone natural knows the tempo and stuff. So can you help me? laugh.gif

p.s. Either lead or rythm, I dont care which

also any style

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sigma7: Dec 19 2008, 07:57 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Pedja Simovic
Dec 19 2008, 08:13 PM
Instructor
Hey Alex!

What kind of timing are we talking about ?

Here is one with straight rhythm where every note value is same !

Here is one of my lessons and again straight rhythm constant 8th notes.

Here is another one with a bit of variation in rhythm.

Here is one that has interesting scales,modes and arpeggios , and rhythm varies a bit.

Here is one with constant triplet type rhythm.

All these are great starting points Alex. If you want more different phrasing types look for my solo lessons here

Hope that helps buddy smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 19 2008, 08:56 PM
Instructor
Here are 2 lessons that are mainly about timing, first one is about pentatonic and second one about modes:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ming-exercises/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ernate-picking/

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 20 2008, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Here is another one,probably not that easy but covers many timings. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 20 2008, 10:22 AM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Dec 19 2008, 07:56 PM) *
Hey GMC! I recently got a sansa view and it has a built in tiny recorder. Anyway, I recently recorded myself playing and I noticed that I was off my timing to the point of where it is nauseating. I played good, clean, but not time. I thought I was though. Can you guys reccommend me the most basic and easiest timing lessons here on GMC? I need help finding one because I dont know where should I start. I already finished the smoke on the water one but that was easy because everyone natural knows the tempo and stuff. So can you help me? laugh.gif

p.s. Either lead or rythm, I dont care which

also any style

relax man, it's a matter of practise. the best way to work on this is firstly to get really well known with your licks and scale, secondly to record yourself often and follow the beat

+Quote Post
sigma7
Dec 20 2008, 06:29 PM
thanx guys i bookmarked all of them got a lot of work to do to finish all these lessons! haha

neway thatnx again! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 20 2008, 07:01 PM
Instructor
You welcome Alex, glad I could help you in any way.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:59 PM