Never Give Up Gmc Newsletter, Anybody else receive it?
thefireball
Sep 16 2012, 02:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys! smile.gif
Anybody else receive the GMC newsletter about never giving up on your guitar dream? It sure helped me! Who wrote it? smile.gif

Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 16 2012, 06:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Do you want me to post it, then? tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
wollace03
Sep 16 2012, 06:53 PM
GMC:er
yep.. would be great..cause I have never heard of it..

+Quote Post
Nether
Sep 16 2012, 07:28 PM
GMC:er

Please, share it with us.

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 16 2012, 07:40 PM
Tone Seeker
Is that the mail you receive when your subscription is over ?

There's nice and inspiring words smile.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Sep 16 2012, 07:42 PM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 17 2012, 03:24 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, my subscription ended. I will renew, just wondered what triggered it. Now that makes sense. Here is the newsletter. It's good for all of us! smile.gif
- - - - - - - - - - -
I am about to give up on my guitar dream!

I got so inspired - in fact I was actually completely convinced I would be able to get there some day. My fingers would move smoothly up and down the neck and my guitar would scream for me.

But now...the feeling is gone. Lots of other things have come in between and I can't really find the time or inspiration to play guitar. Weird - just a while back it felt as this was my calling.

But wait a minute! How come only a few people are capable of ripping it up on the guitar? Hmm...well because it is actually quite difficult. So if I want to learn something that only a few people can do, then I can't do what others do: give up.

Right now - I have a choice: I can either let it go...or I can pick it up again. I can choose to do as most people have done OR to do as my heroes have done: NEVER GIVE UP!

* Stevie Ray Vaughan wouldn't have made it if he had put the guitar down when he first attempted to play a barre chord.

* Yngwie wouldn't shred they way he does if he hadn't struggled with those scales day and night.

* Joe Satriani wouldn't have written any hit songs if he only had learned the pentatonic scale.

* Me: I never made it because I didn't remain inspired. I could have, but I didn't. And now it's too late..

Wait a minute - it's not too late! I can still do it, if I prove to myself that I am not the type who gives up. If I can do that, then it means that I have the same will and determination as my heroes.

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 17 2012, 06:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
Love it. Thanks for the share.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 17 2012, 08:06 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks - we actually hired a Swedish never-give-up bureau for this one. Considering how important it is to never give up (if you want to make a dream reality).

As often happens I realized the bureau only existed in my head ph34r.gif

Anyway judging from this thread, that seems to have been a good thing. So...

NEVER GIVE UP

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 17 2012, 04:03 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice thoughts there wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:40 PM