2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What Music Relaxes You?
Rileyandrew29
May 30 2014, 07:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Does anybody use music to relax and unwind after a hard days work (or play)?? If so what?? Post your vid below smile.gif

I do this all the time. It isnt always slow music either, it can be all sorts. It all depends on the mood im in!

This song relaxes me so much right now (the whole album too) and strike's a chord with me....especially from 3:09 onwards!

Each to their own i guess ;P

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 30 2014, 07:18 PM
Instructor
I haven't found any definite relaxing music yet. If it's really atmospheric I tend to get too into it laugh.gif

I actually find it really relaxing to have something like Slayer on whilst I'm concentrating on drawing some intricate pictures, for some reason. I wouldn't normally sit around and listen to full on thrash, extreme metal but I find that it's quote soothing when you're performing a task.

I also love listening to black metal whilst driving, but not so much at any other time.

I'm sure a therapist somewhere would have an answer for all this tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 30 2014, 08:12 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 30 2014, 02:18 PM) *
I haven't found any definite relaxing music yet. If it's really atmospheric I tend to get too into it laugh.gif

I actually find it really relaxing to have something like Slayer on whilst I'm concentrating on drawing some intricate pictures, for some reason. I wouldn't normally sit around and listen to full on thrash, extreme metal but I find that it's quote soothing when you're performing a task.

I also love listening to black metal whilst driving, but not so much at any other time.

I'm sure a therapist somewhere would have an answer for all this tongue.gif

I really never just sit back and relax to music in that sort of sense. I usually just listen to full on metal all day. Driving puts me in a super bad mood to begin if you want vulgar language this is truly the place to be around me. So I listen to calmer music, the last month has been Buckethead, outside of that rap/techno/dubstep. I love me some bass music!

Ben for you I would say its a creative energy when it comes to drawing. Like if you were to go outside and draw some happy little trees, then I would think more towards soothing music. But your graphic novels seem over the top and violent, fitting for that music! cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 30 2014, 08:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
I always listen music when I need to relax myself. I have a special playlist named "Weird and Spooky" biggrin.gif Most of songs are by David Lynch, Julee Cruise and Portishead. This music gives me the relaxation and emptying the mind (no thoughts, no worries.....just music).

Actually I had playlists for different moods and with totally different styles tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 30 2014, 08:56 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ May 30 2014, 08:24 PM) *
I always listen music when I need to relax myself. I have a special playlist named "Weird and Spooky" biggrin.gif Most of songs are by David Lynch, Julee Cruise and Portishead. This music gives me the relaxation and emptying the mind (no thoughts, no worries.....just music).

Actually I had playlists for different moods and with totally different styles tongue.gif

Awesome Monica!! These two songs are really nice.... they give me a floating sensation while listening tongue.gif ....pure euphoric relaxation at its best thanks for sharing!!

+Quote Post
Ulrik
May 30 2014, 09:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Being a teenager 16-17 years old, I had just been introduced to metal of the more extreme genres. I used to fall asleep to this in the afternoon when I got home from high school. It played kind of loud, annoying my parents pretty much.

Now I guess, I would put something like this on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 30 2014, 09:20 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ May 30 2014, 08:12 PM) *
Driving puts me in a super bad mood to begin if you want vulgar language this is truly the place to be around me. So I listen to calmer music, the last month has been Buckethead, outside of that rap/techno/dubstep. I love me some bass music!

I sympathise! Everyday you will encounter w*nkers on the road (I've had motorbike's for most of my life, driven LGV wagons and cars). And had to drive everyday as a career at one stage. The trick is to think of all drivers as idiots. And expect them to drive like idiots. Dont let it p*ss you off. Something will happen most driving days...whats the point of getting upset. It does you no good!!

I love Dupstep cranked up when driving round town!! Skrillex rocks (bangarang) lol!!

+Quote Post
wollace03
May 30 2014, 09:26 PM
if I really want to lay down and relax I listen to this song (often when I am taking a bath):

in my car when everything gets to nervous:

if I can´t sleep I listen to this:

and of course there are lots of other more guitar oriented songs..

listening to music is the best for me to relax

+Quote Post
Spock
May 30 2014, 09:43 PM
Here, I admit it - I LOVE this stuff!!!

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 30 2014, 10:07 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (wollace03 @ May 30 2014, 09:26 PM) *
if I really want to lay down and relax I listen to this song (often when I am taking a bath):

This is nice man!! I liked this very much smile.gif

QUOTE (wollace03 @ May 30 2014, 09:26 PM) *

And this too. Thanks smile.gif Reminds me of my wife's piano playing...

QUOTE (Ulrik @ May 30 2014, 09:11 PM) *
Being a teenager 16-17 years old, I had just been introduced to metal of the more extreme genres. I used to fall asleep to this in the afternoon when I got home from high school. It played kind of loud, annoying my parents pretty much.

Now I guess, I would put something like this on.

For a long time Killswitch Engage and Bring Me The Horizon were my fall asleep bands!! Certainly not chillout. Just relaxed me at the time!

+Quote Post
Spock
May 30 2014, 10:08 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ May 30 2014, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE (wollace03 @ May 30 2014, 04:26 PM) *

in my car when everything gets to nervous:

I really like all these.

This post has been edited by Spock: May 30 2014, 10:09 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 31 2014, 07:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ May 30 2014, 08:12 PM) *
I really never just sit back and relax to music in that sort of sense. I usually just listen to full on metal all day. Driving puts me in a super bad mood to begin if you want vulgar language this is truly the place to be around me. So I listen to calmer music, the last month has been Buckethead, outside of that rap/techno/dubstep. I love me some bass music!

Ben for you I would say its a creative energy when it comes to drawing. Like if you were to go outside and draw some happy little trees, then I would think more towards soothing music. But your graphic novels seem over the top and violent, fitting for that music! cool.gif

I totally forgot to mention that I really love listening to trance music on long drives.. it's just continuous in the background.

Even for drawing non violent things it still fits perfectly, I don't know why ! Probably because I need momentum and intensity to get the job done, maybe !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2014, 09:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ May 30 2014, 08:43 PM) *
Here, I admit it - I LOVE this stuff!!!

I love Loreena's music as well and I also like listening to Enya when I need to unwind smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 1 2014, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Post-rock music relaxes:

Listening to acoustic guitar songs can also do it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2014, 07:46 AM
Instructor
I also play a jazz compilation CD when I go to bed and this tune is in the beginning - I never seem to get past it, as I always fall asleep before the ending:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2014, 01:10 AM
Instructor
Cosmin, you made me remember this album which is great for listening in the morning... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 3 2014, 07:52 AM
Instructor
Very nice one man!

Here's one that will DEFINITELY put you to sleep smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2014, 04:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 3 2014, 03:52 AM) *
Very nice one man!

Here's one that will DEFINITELY put you to sleep smile.gif

This one is also very nice. What about this one?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
Jun 3 2014, 06:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice posts guys....!!

Here's another of my favourite chillax songs. It's a bit more electronic ;P but sooo niiiice!

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 3 2014, 09:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
i listen to alot of reggae rock, when im feeling stressed, calms me down
one of my favorite bands is releasing a new album this month. the guys super chillaxing tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:23 AM