5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Marek "gorim" Thread, Uploads and Discussion
Marek Rojewski
Mar 26 2009, 09:21 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Okay, some time has passed, and so I wonder ---->
1. My take for the collab is done, soon the whole collab will be over.
2. Learning of Rock Solo in Bb Major for the monthly challenge is more less done also, with an uploaded take. I am not 100% happy with it, but the last-fast part is quite fast for me, so I assume that I need to improve my overall speed in order to be able to play the fastest part "relaxed".

I must say that I haven't worked on other things to much, as You already know I tried to learn the Yngwie lesson by Carlos, but I am to slow to use even the slowest ( 110 bpm ) backing track. I will play those licks, but dedicating to much time just to rush speed in these licks isn't a good idea I think.

I started to look at this lesson melodic-piece-in-e-minor I think I will be able to learn it in few days, because the speed isn't high...

I also know that You wanted us to try learning Lydian Intermediate lesson, which would be easier thanks to Your great videos:)

Of course, after the current monthly challenge, there will be another one, and there is a possibility that I will want to participate again ( depends on lesson choice, it isn't easy to pick lessons from GMC archive that I don't like, but it is possible ).

What all this grumbling above serves? Well I am not sure laugh.gif But knowing what are the plans of our group after finishing the collab, would be useful;)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 26 2009, 09:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 26 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Okay, some time has passed, and so I wonder ---->
1. My take for the collab is done, soon the whole collab will be over.
2. Learning of Rock Solo in Bb Major for the monthly challenge is more less done also, with an uploaded take. I am not 100% happy with it, but the last-fast part is quite fast for me, so I assume that I need to improve my overall speed in order to be able to play the fastest part "relaxed".

I must say that I haven't worked on other things to much, as You already know I tried to learn the Yngwie lesson by Carlos, but I am to slow to use even the slowest ( 110 bpm ) backing track. I will play those licks, but dedicating to much time just to rush speed in these licks isn't a good idea I think.

I started to look at this lesson melodic-piece-in-e-minor I think I will be able to learn it in few days, because the speed isn't high...

I also know that You wanted us to try learning Lydian Intermediate lesson, which would be easier thanks to Your great videos:)

Of course, after the current monthly challenge, there will be another one, and there is a possibility that I will want to participate again ( depends on lesson choice, it isn't easy to pick lessons from GMC archive that I don't like, but it is possible ).

What all this grumbling above serves? Well I am not sure laugh.gif But knowing what are the plans of our group after finishing the collab, would be useful;)

I think at this time my plan for the MTP is to help you guys work on whatever it is you want to work on. If you want my suggestions I would recommend the Lydian or Phrygian intermediate. I think you should participate in as many contests and collabs as you would like. These are great because you can use what you have learned by applying it in these situations.

My goal for the MTP was to expose you guys to some theory and then just to help you with whatever it is you want help with. At this point I will do whatever you would like. At some point in your progression you are going to want to know some theory and I have at least exposed you guys to it and you can pick it up again sometime when you are ready for more.

Lydian intermediate would be good for your phrasing and timing. I am going to finish the rest of the videos after I finish up Emir's collab. Probably in a couple of days. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 5 2009, 01:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Marek...how is everything going? Need any help with anything or do you have it under control? I hope you keep signing up for collabs. They will improve your playing for sure. Good job on Pedja's collab.....told you you could do it. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 6 2009, 10:15 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi there Monte! Well I haven't practiced for 3 days, as I was needed by my "viking group" to finish some shields and other stuff, because we got an info from the television that they wanna make a program about us in two days. So I spent much time working with them, and after getting back home, had the motivation only to sit on the couch and read a book. But I finished the last book of the trilogy I started, so now there shouldn't be such strong distraction, and I am starting to practice again right now:)

I haven't learned to much the last days, only the lesson by Lian, the one I sent You a link to in a PM. I am unsure should I try to learn new lessons, or focus on the ones I listed weeks ago, because all of them could use some polishing. Learning new stuff is more exciting, but less effective as instead of focusing on the details, I need to learn the melody/notes first.

So I will start practicing soon, hope that my hands aren't to hurtful after all those fights we had to make while recording the TV show unsure.gif

Oh and have You seen new Dejan lesson about our beloved Quintuplets?tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Apr 6 2009, 10:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 15 2009, 09:49 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi there! Just wanna let You know that I uploaded my take for Pedjas collab.
Here is the link take

I came up with it fast, so I am unsure whether it is nice or not;)

I had less motivation for the last week, so haven't do anything but the above take, and also a take for Joe's collab, but that You know already because of the PM. Here is the take

I practiced today more, so I hope things will come back to "normal" now, with my practicing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 16 2009, 03:36 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Your take sounds good Marek....don't be afraid to do another one if you aren't happy with it. I'm glad to see you doing these collabs. When we first started the MTP you didn't think you could do anything and I think you are seeing that you can come up with cool takes and you are having fun as wel....Keep it up dude. \m/\m/

Let me know if you need anything. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 21 2009, 06:25 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Argh Monte help me! wacko.gif wink.gif

I don't know what to do. I do different things and don't know which one to choose.

1. I haven't practiced my legato as I planed weeks ago, so it still is on the same crappy level.
2. I think that I need to improve my speed, don't have to be ultra fast, but I have problems with faster parts of lessons I otherwise learned, such as the fast passage in the Blind Guardian lesson.
Because of that I practiced this fast passage bit more with the metronome. I also started learning http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/modal-madness/ for speed and stamina. I haven't learned all the notes, as repeating same few bars is also a good exercise, and I would have less notes to remember. I think I can play it at half speed, so 6 notes per beat in 60bpm. It is demanding for my right hand in this speed, my hand tenses, but not so much that it would hurt (I will check how long I can play it in that tempo, how much You think would be long enough, 10-15 minutes?).
3. I wanted to polish and record some older lessons I learned... First one was George Lynch Lesson. I learned it some time ago, and after checking the video I have to say that I play something very different than Daniel... Each lick starts and ends in places that doesn't feel right for me.
Another one was Power Metal Rhythm Guitar - I tried to record it today, but was unsatisfied with the results. I blame the tone for it, but don't know if thats right. When Gabriel plays this lesson, his guitar sounds tight, metal, but makes very little noise. I can't find a preset that would sound similar, and everything produces much more noise. I don't think that my muting is the only reason:/ Now I would like to try record Basic Rhythm Guitar I have some tone problems with this as well.. Oh I also practice downpicking, at higher speed my hand tense up, but that I suppose is normal.

So the conclusion of point three is --> I learned lessons without checking the main video, so they sound quite different than the lesson, AND - I am unsatisfied with my tones when it comes to rhythm playing.

4. well the three above are most important, but there are also some other things like: I play only with my Toneport GX because of the backing tracks and multiple preset options. I suspect that I should play more with my amp (Roland Cube 15, so nothing catchy). Another thing, that can be very important, is that I just can't play standing. When I play sitting, I have quite classical posture, so left leg on a stool, and guitar on it. Now the strap on my older guitar had very little regulation, and it felt bad. My new strap has normal regulation, but I yet have to find a way how it would work for me. For now playing standing is highly uncomfortable for me.

All in all, there are so many problems that I encounter, and I have very small idea how to organize myself. I know that with a limited practice time (although for the last few days I practiced much) I just can't do all things at the same time.

Now I like solo lessons, I don't have big problems with learning slower ones, and I like learning them, but that way I won't be able to play anything else anytime soon. My strongest(not strong anyway) technique is AP, but my speed isn't good enough still for my not so high needs. Tapping/legato/sweeps are all on beginner level(sweeps are almost 0 level), I think that legato(hammer ons and pulloffs) is the technique that needs to be improved soonest, from those three, as simply it is used most often.

What You think I should concentrate on? I am sorry that this post is so long, but it is easier to say what I mean in many words;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 21 2009, 08:54 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 21 2009, 06:25 PM) *
Argh Monte help me! wacko.gif wink.gif

I don't know what to do. I do different things and don't know which one to choose.

1. I haven't practiced my legato as I planed weeks ago, so it still is on the same crappy level.
2. I think that I need to improve my speed, don't have to be ultra fast, but I have problems with faster parts of lessons I otherwise learned, such as the fast passage in the Blind Guardian lesson.
Because of that I practiced this fast passage bit more with the metronome. I also started learning http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/modal-madness/ for speed and stamina. I haven't learned all the notes, as repeating same few bars is also a good exercise, and I would have less notes to remember. I think I can play it at half speed, so 6 notes per beat in 60bpm. It is demanding for my right hand in this speed, my hand tenses, but not so much that it would hurt (I will check how long I can play it in that tempo, how much You think would be long enough, 10-15 minutes?).
3. I wanted to polish and record some older lessons I learned... First one was George Lynch Lesson. I learned it some time ago, and after checking the video I have to say that I play something very different than Daniel... Each lick starts and ends in places that doesn't feel right for me.
Another one was Power Metal Rhythm Guitar - I tried to record it today, but was unsatisfied with the results. I blame the tone for it, but don't know if thats right. When Gabriel plays this lesson, his guitar sounds tight, metal, but makes very little noise. I can't find a preset that would sound similar, and everything produces much more noise. I don't think that my muting is the only reason:/ Now I would like to try record Basic Rhythm Guitar I have some tone problems with this as well.. Oh I also practice downpicking, at higher speed my hand tense up, but that I suppose is normal.

So the conclusion of point three is --> I learned lessons without checking the main video, so they sound quite different than the lesson, AND - I am unsatisfied with my tones when it comes to rhythm playing.

4. well the three above are most important, but there are also some other things like: I play only with my Toneport GX because of the backing tracks and multiple preset options. I suspect that I should play more with my amp (Roland Cube 15, so nothing catchy). Another thing, that can be very important, is that I just can't play standing. When I play sitting, I have quite classical posture, so left leg on a stool, and guitar on it. Now the strap on my older guitar had very little regulation, and it felt bad. My new strap has normal regulation, but I yet have to find a way how it would work for me. For now playing standing is highly uncomfortable for me.

All in all, there are so many problems that I encounter, and I have very small idea how to organize myself. I know that with a limited practice time (although for the last few days I practiced much) I just can't do all things at the same time.

Now I like solo lessons, I don't have big problems with learning slower ones, and I like learning them, but that way I won't be able to play anything else anytime soon. My strongest(not strong anyway) technique is AP, but my speed isn't good enough still for my not so high needs. Tapping/legato/sweeps are all on beginner level(sweeps are almost 0 level), I think that legato(hammer ons and pulloffs) is the technique that needs to be improved soonest, from those three, as simply it is used most often.

What You think I should concentrate on? I am sorry that this post is so long, but it is easier to say what I mean in many words;)

Hi Marek,
Let's concentrate on one thing right now.....legato. Pick a GMC lesson or a solo that has some legato that you like and I'll show you how to break it down. Basically you are going to turn the lesson into a series of excercises that you can do a few times a week in one of your practice sessions. If you can only practice an hour a day I would reccomend using one day for the GMC lesson and the other day for whatever else it is you want to work on. Muris's Phrygian intermediate lesson has some cool legato and his lydian intermediate can be played using tapping and legato instead of AP. Here is my take on that using legato and Tapping. Let me know if you want to work on this and I will show you how to break it up to where you can practice it thouroughly in one hour. Over the course of some weeks and months you should be able to get it up to speed. Whatcha think?

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 22 2009, 11:33 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Here are some lessons that I like, and could be good for my legato:

1. Hammer On Dude - I don't know it for sure, but I think that I hammering is "the bigger half" when it comes to my hammeroffs-pulloffs. What is good in this lesson also, is that I would have to hammer on notes with my pinky, and well that's the weakest of all the fingers, works worst.

2. Rock Solo Beginner - lesson I would love to finish finally, of course I would practice only the last, legato lick.

3. Left Hand Only Exercise - I think that lesson is the simplest way of "getting what I need". The drawback is that pinky isn't used.

4. Black Sabbath Style Lesson - well not necessary practicing whole lesson(although I like it very much), but there are many trills, I think than practicing trills is practicing legato, but maybe I am wrong! If I am wrong, than it couldn't be used in the "legato practice regime".

Tell me what You think about those lessons, I would write more but have to go to university.

BTW juicy playing in the video:) \m/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 22 2009, 07:28 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hmmm I must say that playing the "Left Hand Only Exercise" up to speed and rhythm isn't hard, but playing it cleanly is 100% impossible without muting the bordering strings with my right hand fingers. I suspect that playing it as cleanly as Dejan does should be my goal?

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 22 2009, 07:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I like your plan Marek.....get to work on it and let me know if you need any help. If you have problems with any sections just isolate that section and work on it until you get it down. smile.gif Time and practice is the key.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 23 2009, 08:51 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I have found two more lessons that I like, and are strict legato stuff:
Pull-offs Lesson
Pentatonic Legato Workout

But I won't practice all those lessons at once, two at the same time is enough I think, so after learning it and recording for REC, will move to another one:) Muris lesson seems easier than some of the previous listed, so maybe it will be a better "starting point", but I will have that worked out with practice:)

I have one question about legato. I think that it is easier when I have my thumb lower, more in the middle of the neck, You know what I mean for sure.. Now is it the right thing to do? From feedback on my takes I know that having my thumb wrapped around the neck vibrato and bending is easier, but what about legato?

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 23 2009, 09:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 23 2009, 08:51 PM) *
I have found two more lessons that I like, and are strict legato stuff:
Pull-offs Lesson
Pentatonic Legato Workout

But I won't practice all those lessons at once, two at the same time is enough I think, so after learning it and recording for REC, will move to another one:) Muris lesson seems easier than some of the previous listed, so maybe it will be a better "starting point", but I will have that worked out with practice:)

I have one question about legato. I think that it is easier when I have my thumb lower, more in the middle of the neck, You know what I mean for sure.. Now is it the right thing to do? From feedback on my takes I know that having my thumb wrapped around the neck vibrato and bending is easier, but what about legato?

Depends on what you are playing.....for fast 3nps legato runs then definitely have your thumb lower.....especially if there are position shifts involved. For pentatonic stuff in one position it doesn't really matter IMO.

Tackle Muris's lesson and let me know if you need help. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 23 2009, 09:25 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Yeah I was talking more about the 3 per string patterns, especially those in which I use my pinky.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
May 6 2009, 08:12 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi there Monte! I just want to let You know that I am practicing and slowly I think there is some progress.

I uploaded mp3 take on Muris Pull Off lesson, it isn't perfect for sure, but I wasn't able to play it up to tempo few days ago. Pinky finger is heavily used in this lesson, and this is my weakness, so it really is good for me:)

Attached File  pull.mp3 ( 570.4K ) Number of downloads: 140

I hope that few more days, maybe a weak or two and I will be ready to record a take for REC:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 6 2009, 09:00 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ May 6 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Hi there Monte! I just want to let You know that I am practicing and slowly I think there is some progress.

I uploaded mp3 take on Muris Pull Off lesson, it isn't perfect for sure, but I wasn't able to play it up to tempo few days ago. Pinky finger is heavily used in this lesson, and this is my weakness, so it really is good for me:)

Attached File  pull.mp3 ( 570.4K ) Number of downloads: 140

I hope that few more days, maybe a weak or two and I will be ready to record a take for REC:)

Sounds pretty good Marek. I would suggest playing at some slower tempos for a little while to really get a clean technique and a slightly tighter rhythmn. Good job though. Hope to see this on the REC soon. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
May 14 2009, 06:43 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi again Monte! I had some problems and couldn't practice to much, so my REC take on the Pull off lesson isn't ready yet. But I did as much as I could, and here are two other mp3 I did recently.

First is my take for new Joe's collaboration, I made it very quickly as I don't know if I will have time later to do something, I am not 100% happy with it, but when was I 100% happy about anything? mad.gif wink.gif

Attached File  joe2.mp3 ( 356.52K ) Number of downloads: 129

There are some buzzing there, don't know why, something had to work not right in Reaper while rendering, as I haven't heard anything like that before rendering.

Second mp3 is new take on Trond's Rock Solo lesson that I struggle with for so long, it is second take in a row, so there are mistakes/wrong notes/not good enough bends, but as You already know, I don't torture myself with 1000 recordings when I just want to show that I am doing something. 1000 recordings shall come when this will be ready for REC rolleyes.gif

Attached File  tsolo.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 122

Maybe not great, but considering the effort I presented some time ago when we started with MTP progress is still visible(I think).

I still work on Pull off lesson, but to play it my little finger has to be pushed beyond his limits a little, so it may take some extra time dry.gif

Rock on \m/\m/

PS: oh, recently I listened to Black Label Society/Pride & Glory/Black Stone Cheery more than ever, than Gabriels lesson came out, than his collab AND SO ---> I am to slow and have no shred pentatonic licks to take part in Gabriels collab sad.gif mad.gif ohmy.gif But well maybe one day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 14 2009, 08:52 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
They both sound good Marek. On Joe's take just try and clean it up a little....I like your ideas though......just the timing in a few spots need some work. Good job on that. smile.gif

On Trond's solo there are a few timing issues as well. You also need to work on getting your bends to pitch and your vibrato. Some of the faster parts you should isolate and work on them with the metronome as well. You sound like you have improved a lot though Marek.....Good job!!! smile.gif

You should work on a take for Gabriels lesso anyways. Even if you write something that you can't play up to speed it is good practice for you composition skills and it gives you some good licks to practice. The best licks to practice are those you made up yourself. Nobody can teach you to play like yourself except you......good job dude!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
May 17 2009, 04:23 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi there Monte! I recorded my take of Trond's lesson for REC.

The "recording syndrome" attacked at full force, I couldn't play few notes without messing something wacko.gif After that I noticed the THING... Trond plays the last legato lick differently than on the tab, and how I tried to learn this.. He plays hammer on --> pull off --> slide.. So he can use only two fingers while playing this lick. In the tab it is hammer on pull off pull off, so I learned to play it with three fingers, which was much more difficult. Well I will have to take it for granted, after all practice is practice. But the amount of frustration when learning this thing was bit to high..

Anyway, we shall see will I pass REC with this video, if so than I shall move to Hammer-On-Dude lesson, while practicing Muris pull off lesson for recording also(I think that I could record it already, but I practiced some pentatonic licks lessons of Pablo Vazquez also two days ago, and now have to give my little finger a break from heavy practicing).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
May 18 2009, 09:12 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I practiced the pull off lesson today, but didn't want to tire my little finger to much, so I refreshed my memory about very simple lesson - melodic tapping, it has only 2 difficulty, yet I still have to learn the last faster lick with the metronome, as now I have some timing issues with it. I recorded two raw takes on it few minutes ago, just to show what the lesson is about, hope to get that lick down in 1-2 days, and record the lesson in the weekend:)

Attached File  melo.mp3 ( 819.78K ) Number of downloads: 119

Attached File  melo2.mp3 ( 819.78K ) Number of downloads: 125

EDIT: argh, on my headphones the backingtrack was much louder, or the guitar not as loud as here.

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: May 18 2009, 09:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:05 PM