New Track !
Ben Higgins
Jan 17 2015, 10:20 AM
Instructor
Some of you may remember I did a track a while ago with a buddy I met on FB, Jan-Vincent Velazco, an excellent drummer based in London. We've done another track, totally different this time. The previous one was all busy, full of loads of widdly runs. This time the track was mid tempo and driving. I thought that it would work better to have lead melodies that were simple and contained longer, drawn out notes. This would contrast well with Vincent's energetic drum fills. See what you think smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 18 2015, 04:27 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Sounds really great. cool.gif I like the harmonic minor vibe to it (double harmonic?). Melodic and hypnotizing… the track flows well with the mid-paced and ornamental drumming. He reminds me of Van Williams from Nevermore on this track.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Jan 18 2015, 04:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 18 2015, 08:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool song and video Ben! I like the drummers flashy fills style and how it fits your playing. Really cool blend! smile.gif
I must say though that I did prefer the previous song where both of your shredd yet it works well and doesn't sound too "busy".

Who came up with the band name?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 18 2015, 08:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 18 2015, 03:27 PM) *
Sounds really great. cool.gif I like the harmonic minor vibe to it (double harmonic?). Melodic and hypnotizing… the track flows well with the mid-paced and ornamental drumming. He reminds me of Van Williams from Nevermore on this track.

Cool, glad you like it. Yeah, B Phrygian Dominant or E Harmonic Minor smile.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 18 2015, 07:11 PM) *
Who came up with the band name?

That was me, I'm guilty smile.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 19 2015, 04:21 PM
Tone Seeker
Ha, that bass sounds monsterious ! And drummer dudes kit looks cool smile.gif

Oh, and you did well too wink.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jan 19 2015, 04:22 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 19 2015, 06:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 19 2015, 03:21 PM) *
Ha, that bass sounds monsterious ! And drummer dudes kit looks cool smile.gif

Oh, and you did well too wink.gif

I was quite pleased with the bass tone as well. I didn't intend to mix it so loud... I listened back to it and thought 'whoa, that bass is way too prominent' but I thought 'screw it, keep it' biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Jan 19 2015, 10:03 PM
GMC:er
I really like this track!!!
especially the part that I would call the refrain is supercool!

are you planning a full album?
great drummer, great guitar player, great music....

look forward to the next song and maybe to a lesson of this one....

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 20 2015, 10:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Jan 19 2015, 09:03 PM) *
I really like this track!!!
especially the part that I would call the refrain is supercool!

are you planning a full album?
great drummer, great guitar player, great music....

look forward to the next song and maybe to a lesson of this one....

Thanks ! It's just something we do for fun occasionally smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2015, 11:37 AM
Instructor
Once again you did it guys!! Great job Ben and that amazing drummer! I think that you both interact very well together, and this time melodies are epic and bring me to my mind great music by Friedman and Cacophony, and the chorus is as epic as Game of thrones. Then comes the riff and woooohh... I love this.

Congratulations!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 20 2015, 11:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 20 2015, 10:37 AM) *
Once again you did it guys!! Great job Ben and that amazing drummer! I think that you both interact very well together, and this time melodies are epic and bring me to my mind great music by Friedman and Cacophony, and the chorus is as epic as Game of thrones. Then comes the riff and woooohh... I love this.

Congratulations!! smile.gif

Cheers G-Man !!! cool.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 20 2015, 02:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
yep, Good stuff

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:37 AM