3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
My Weight Loss Journey, ...motivation by having fun!
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 25 2021, 09:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 25 2021, 10:46 PM) *
congratas . What I have done lately is cutting out sugar / carbs / bread once I eat dinner and dropped 5 LBs just from that. I don't keep favorite foods, pop or things I love but rather just time of day when I have them.
I don't know where you live but alot of people walk the malls ( indoor or out) , they have plenty of people and window shopping and things to look at to take there mind off of walking

Thanks! And well done on those 5 lbs!

Malls, city centre and so on is about 3-4 miles away to just get there. I do prefer bicycle rides in nature if I have to choose. I get to see a bit more that way too. But as for actively exercising it's football for me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jul 25 2021, 09:48 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 26 2021, 01:48 AM
GMC:er
Finding what works for you can be the hardest thing as everyone is a bit different. I've started taking much longer walks with my little dog to try to get in a bit better shape. I'm not a huge fan of going to the gym either so it's good to have something to do that just fits in with regular life. smile.gif It's great that you are playing football again. Keep it up!

Here is a pic of my brother and me from 2007. If I could get back to around that shape/size I'd be happy smile.gif Im on the right hand side. Some folks say we look a lot alike.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 25 2021, 08:47 AM) *
The problem with exercising is also psychological for me t hough. If I don't enjoy walking or swimming I will end up not doing it. So I need a form of exercise that I can stick to and find fun. And as for food - and not enjoying cooking, meassuring calories said, and hopefully improving still, doing what I'm doing smile.gif I have experts in diabetes around me too from a Center for Diabetes at the hospital (and not just my regular doctor), and they're absolutely telling me I do "something" right, whatever that is. If it was going in the wrong direction it might have been time to change course.

I 100% know you meant well, but I've tried those things before and they didn't work for me on a mental level, but I'm now happy to seemingly having found a road that's right for me. And as long as that is towards success (for me) then I'm happy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 11 2021, 11:50 PM

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jul 26 2021, 10:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
I'd have guessed you two are twins biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 26 2021, 03:48 AM) *
Finding what works for you can be the hardest thing as everyone is a bit different. I've started taking much longer walks with my little dog to try to get in a bit better shape. I'm not a huge fan of going to the gym either so it's good to have something to do that just fits in with regular life. smile.gif It's great that you are playing football again. Keep it up!

Here is a pic of my brother and I from 2007. If I could get back to around that shape/size I'd be happy smile.gif Im on the right hand side. Some folks say we look a lot alike.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 26 2021, 10:39 AM
We used to get that quite a bit actually smile.gif

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jul 26 2021, 05:02 AM) *
I'd have guessed you two are twins biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 31 2021, 02:55 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm part way through my fat loss journey too.

The cycling has helped, but now I'm logging all my food trying to hit / stay below certain macros.
I've just joined back up to the gym, one of my best friends works there so it's good to see him more as well as the added accountability. I used to be a complete gym rat and was in my best shape about 6 years go before depression, anxiety and marital issues kicked in.

I was around 87 kg at my heaviest and looking to get down to 70kg with decent body composition I'm currently at ~81kg.

Being single again is good motivation as it the fact I hit 48 this week.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 31 2021, 03:52 PM
Learning Roadie
I never had problems with my weight but I try to live a healthy life as much as possible.

So I tend to focus on 2 things:

1. What I eat.

The general rule I follow here is that I eat foods that are rich in nutrients, not in calories, so I think about food as fuel.
So I can find a lot of healthy foods that I like as much as unhealthy foods, and that's why I can choose the healthy foods.
Once I eat the healthy foods there is no room for the unhealthy foods.

The idea is to choose something healthy that you like.

2. Choose sports that you like.
For me is: Weight Lifting, Hiking and Swimming.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 31 2021, 10:32 PM
Im also trying to drop a bit of weight per doctors orders. It's never easy, but just like guitar, it's a process. smile.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 31 2021, 09:55 AM) *
I'm part way through my fat loss journey too.

The cycling has helped, but now I'm logging all my food trying to hit / stay below certain macros.
I've just joined back up to the gym, one of my best friends works there so it's good to see him more as well as the added accountability. I used to be a complete gym rat and was in my best shape about 6 years go before depression, anxiety and marital issues kicked in.

I was around 87 kg at my heaviest and looking to get down to 70kg with decent body composition I'm currently at ~81kg.

Being single again is good motivation as it the fact I hit 48 this week.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 10 2021, 11:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Attached Image

Attached Image

Small update after today's training.

I've been playing for half a year and have no problems with my knees. It's GREAT! Also my diabetes is totally under control after I started exercising. I don't take medication and it's completely in "normal" numbers as for any healthy person. My high blood pressure has also dropped. I lost about 8 kg initially after 3 months, but have gained back about 3-4 kg, but where I was able to run maybe 2 minutes to begin with, playing football for 1 hour is not a big problem now.

Also a lot of other positive things have happened in my life slowly and I'm feeling better than ever - as a development and not just a "good period of time". cool.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Dec 11 2021, 02:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 11 2021, 02:07 AM
Outstanding!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 11 2021, 03:19 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 10 2021, 01:31 PM) *
Attached Image

Attached Image

Small update after today's training.

I've been playing for half a year and have no problems with my knees. It's GREAT! Also my diabetes is totally under control after I started exercising. I don't take medication and it's completely in "normal" numbers as for any healthy person. My high blood pressure has also dropped. I lost about 8 kg initially after 3 months, but have gained back about 3-4 kg, but where I was able to run maybe 2 minutes to begin with, playing football for 1 hour is not a big problem now.

Also a lot of other positive things have happened in my life slowly and I'm feeling better than ever - as a development and not just a "good period of time". cool.gif

Congratulations, Ben. It sounds as if you are reclaiming your life. Keep it up!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2021, 04:01 AM
Super awesome!!! You are doing great on this. keep it up!!!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 10 2021, 06:31 PM) *

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 11 2021, 04:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (klasaine @ Dec 11 2021, 03:07 AM) *
Outstanding!

It's great to be back to playing and getting in better shape - both physically and mentally. smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 11 2021, 04:19 AM) *
Congratulations, Ben. It sounds as if you are reclaiming your life. Keep it up!

It's been quite a few years in the "dark", so feeling better and better is great. Doing my best to keep up it.

As said it feels like "development" (I quit some medication 8-9 months back and some other things kinda fell into place along the way) and not just a "good month" as I've had previously, where I was sure it would come to and end cool.gif Not sure how to describe it otherwise. For the first time in maybe 16 years winter hasn't got me depressed either - almost like rediscovering myself, feeling "new in love" with myself and the things I rediscover (best way I can describe it).

I'm genuinely feeling good and tasks are feeling easier to find motivation and initiative for - cleaning up my house? No problem! Riding my bike across the city in pouring rain for something that I might previously have cancelled? No problem! Sorting stuff in my attic? No problem...and so on from small to bigger things! I'm not sure what's going on, but it's great. Of course there are still ups and downs, but I feel like I get out stronger from the down-time now than a year ago or any of the previous 16 years. I would always feel like a "breakdown" (mental) would cause an overall worsening, but I feel like I grow stronger from it now.

Enough rambling.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 11 2021, 05:01 AM) *
Super awesome!!! You are doing great on this. keep it up!!!!

Thanks, Todd! I am really happy about playing football again and not having problems with my knees after playing. The football training is my weekly highlight even among all the other positive things happening cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 11 2021, 06:31 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Nice! I truly miss playing soccer. Keep it up!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 11 2021, 07:09 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Well done buddy, you're doing great cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 11 2021, 05:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 11 2021, 07:31 AM) *
Nice! I truly miss playing soccer. Keep it up!

I missed it a lot too, but in this way, as exercise football, it's been great and I've been getting in better condition and feeling better mentally too. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2021, 11:53 PM
Your creative output is increasing as well!!! You are on a roll!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 10 2021, 11:20 PM) *
It's great to be back to playing and getting in better shape - both physically and mentally. smile.gif

It's been quite a few years in the "dark", so feeling better and better is great. Doing my best to keep up it.

As sai
Enough rambling.

Thanks, Todd! I am really happy about playing football again and not having problems with my knees after playing. The football training is my weekly highlight even among all the other positive things happening cool.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 13 2021, 07:45 AM
My gf is ina jorney for 2 months now. She had some serious surgeries throughout her life, tried a few people for professional assistance but finally found one she can connect with.

She's doing sonething called an elimination diet, eats very light veg. and fruits (but the menu is very narrow also no gluten) then tries other food to see if they're bad for her. So far cheese, peanut and 2-3 for food are eliminated as she'll never consume them again.

It's very inspirational see'ing her determination, she's gets more motivated each day as she feels better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 22 2022, 10:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
36 lbs /16.4 kg down now in total. We started training twice a week since New Years, and even on days like today where training was cancelled completely, I showed up and ran about by myself for 1 hour and 45 minutes, even though training was originally only planned for 1 hour. Since the start of January I've dropped about 10 kg/22 lbs.

Got results from blood work test some days back. The blood sugar levels are completely within what a normal person's would be at and I haven't taken the meds (metformin) in about a year, and I haven't changed my diet really. 95% of it is from exercising and pushing myself physically more so than when walking, though that's really good for people too! For me it's just more motivating if someone throws a ball to me - then I'll run 1½ hour easily, but if you tell me to go for a walk or run, I'll likely go back home after 20-30 minutes.

Still about 80-90 lbs (40 kg) to go, but I'm confident I'll get there. No hurry though, I'm just enjoying playing football. It's always been my main focus to have fun. Losing weight is a bonus.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 22 2022, 10:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Well done buddy, keep it up, as you say, "no rush", the longer it takes to lose it, the easier it is to keep it off wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 22 2022, 10:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 22 2022, 10:19 PM) *
Well done buddy, keep it up, as you say, "no rush", the longer it takes to lose it, the easier it is to keep it off wink.gif

Exactly smile.gif I'm not going "all in" on this on every parameter. I could eat a lot healthier, cut out sugar etc., but honestly... I think that wouldn't work for me. Football has always been the one thing that I could keep going with without it becoming a drag, losing motivation and so on. And it works, whereas diets, going to the gym and other things have never really worked over more than 14 days. I'm allowing myself to eat unhealthy things (not all the time of course) and I think I enjoy these more, as I know I'm still doing well cause of the exercise, so it's not shame and negative feelings surrounding the unhealthy food as such anymore. Of course eating healthy all the time is preferable, but I don't really like cooking and live by myself, so it's tricky to keep up with! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 09:26 PM