2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Rhythm Guitar Lessons
JuanMV
Jun 10 2008, 04:00 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hello! First of all I just want to say that I am incredibly amazed with my improvement as a guitar player since I joined GMC. I just cannot believe that I am doing things right now that could not do a couple of months ago. Anyways, I just wanted to say that it would be VERY helpful for all of us beginners to have more "rhythm guitar lessons". I have just watched Zsolt's Hyper Blues lesson, and it is great, but it would be great as well to learn how to play that amazing rhythm guitar on the back first. Same with Ivan's blues lesson, etc. I mean, it is great to learn how to play licks and solos, but if we are looking for a step-by-step growth as guitar players, we should first learn how to play rhythm guitar, and there are not many rhythm guitar lessons at GMC.

I know most of the instructors include the chords they use either in the videos or in the text lessons, but reality is that a chord or a note can be played in too many different ways, so the flavor that each instructor adds is what it would be great to learn.

So, if you can, please include more rhythm guitar lessons!!! That would definitely improve beginners' skills at GMC.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jun 10 2008, 05:35 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (JuanMV @ Jun 10 2008, 05:00 PM) *
Hello! First of all I just want to say that I am incredibly amazed with my improvement as a guitar player since I joined GMC. I just cannot believe that I am doing things right now that could not do a couple of months ago. Anyways, I just wanted to say that it would be VERY helpful for all of us beginners to have more "rhythm guitar lessons". I have just watched Zsolt's Hyper Blues lesson, and it is great, but it would be great as well to learn how to play that amazing rhythm guitar on the back first. Same with Ivan's blues lesson, etc. I mean, it is great to learn how to play licks and solos, but if we are looking for a step-by-step growth as guitar players, we should first learn how to play rhythm guitar, and there are not many rhythm guitar lessons at GMC.

I know most of the instructors include the chords they use either in the videos or in the text lessons, but reality is that a chord or a note can be played in too many different ways, so the flavor that each instructor adds is what it would be great to learn.

So, if you can, please include more rhythm guitar lessons!!! That would definitely improve beginners' skills at GMC.

Thanks!

Well there are some great rythm lessons already, but I agree, they are very few compared to the solo lessons, and I also can't remember there being an advanced rythm lesson, so yeah we need more rythm lessons!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jun 10 2008, 05:46 PM
GMC:er
I agree, more rythmic and arrangement guitar would be beneficial, often in a band situation you would play rythm most of the time smile.gif

This post has been edited by Siggum: Jun 10 2008, 05:47 PM

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 10 2008, 06:55 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I wholeheartedly agree, I would love to practice my rhythm guitar playing. Also finding a band is much easier when You are willing to play rhythm guitar, in my opinion, and that surely is a goal of many GMC'ers.

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Jun 10 2008, 06:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 10 2008, 07:04 PM
Instructor
we have to work on rhythm guitar lesson.... laugh.gif
as u comand cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 10 2008, 07:36 PM
Instructor
I'm working on a blues rhythm lesson as we speak. Hold on for a week or two! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 10 2008, 07:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well the rhythm guitar is as important as lead one , so I'm sure there will be even more rhythm lessons coming soon on GMC...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 10 2008, 08:34 PM
Instructor
I got a few rhythm-lessons in progress, or more like combo-lessons to be precise. With both rhythm and lead work.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Canis
Jun 10 2008, 09:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Talking about rhythm guitar... I'm practicing my wrist movement at the moment, since I've noticed that I've been using my entire arm when playing solos.
So I was wondering, am I supposed use more arm and elbow movement when playing rhythm? I've seen peaple do all sort of things, including windmills wirth their arms while playing rhythm, but I don't really know what the "safest" way is..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 10 2008, 10:13 PM
Instructor
its important to practice and to understand the rhythms .in my opinion if you don't have a good
rhythm you will have a big problem to play the solo's in the correct time

+Quote Post
kahall
Jun 11 2008, 04:09 AM
Learning Roadie
there are a few lessons I consider to be rythm lessons.
This is the only one I can think of right now. I like you could not do this 4 or 5 months ago due to the fretting but now I can do it pretty well and my hands are not growing. heh!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-guitar/tecno-cirse/

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 11 2008, 09:03 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
You can also check my Student Instructor Lesson wink.gif
Follow the link in my Signature smile.gif

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Jun 11 2008, 09:15 AM
Learning Roadie
Have you tried Joe Kataldo's "I Got Rhythm Guitar" lessons here at GMC. There are 13 lessons in this series.

Keep Strumming.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 11 2008, 09:18 AM
QUOTE (Col Roberts @ Jun 11 2008, 10:15 AM) *
Have you tried Joe Kataldo's "I Got Rhythm Guitar" lessons here at GMC. There are 13 lessons in this series.

Keep Strumming.

Whut? What? Why? I didn't even know about that!!?? *brain overload* wacko.gif

I'll check that out as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Jun 11 2008, 09:43 AM
Learning Roadie
Also, if you go to the Video Lessons page, select Advanced Search, select List, and type in rhythm in the Filter window, you will find there are 150+ lessons classified as rhythm lessons.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jun 11 2008, 09:59 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Your whish shall be fulfilled wink.gif I just started working on a beginners rhytm guitar lesson

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 11 2008, 10:01 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Jun 11 2008, 10:59 AM) *
Your whish shall be fulfilled wink.gif I just started working on a beginners rhytm guitar lesson

Nice, now this I'm looking forward too smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jun 11 2008, 11:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JuanMV @ Jun 10 2008, 05:00 PM) *
I mean, it is great to learn how to play licks and solos, but if we are looking for a step-by-step growth as guitar players, we should first learn how to play rhythm guitar, and there are not many rhythm guitar lessons at GMC.

I agree!
Meanwhile I can suggest you to check some of my old lessons about rhythm guitar.

Hard Rock Rhythm I, II and III.

Acoustic Strumming Lesson - A Major Fingernail Strumming -
Open Chords Strumming

There are many others. Check also the Joe's series, very well done!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 18 2008, 03:14 PM
GMC Founder
Great suggestion JuanMV - thanks! biggrin.gif

Check out this topic:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=16591

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 18 2008, 03:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Jun 11 2008, 03:59 AM) *

awsome!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:58 AM